"Pop"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Pop"

not all people can take spicy food. some of us have a sensitive gut to spicy food, like me. if that happens, try to avoid taking too much spicy food. u can get away with a little bit but not above a certain threshold. u have to discover where that threshold is by experimentation.

Comment

Originally posted by ratdude747 View Post
      Funny, Taco Bell doesn't specifically give me any issues. Depends on the person I guess...
      Taco Bell doesn't bother me either....but it's very seldom I eat at fast food places.
      Originally posted by ChaosLegionnaire View Post
      not all people can take spicy food. some of us have a sensitive gut to spicy food, like me. if that happens, try to avoid taking too much spicy food. u can get away with a little bit but not above a certain threshold. u have to discover where that threshold is by experimentation.
      Like the old saying goes: "Life isn't like a bowl of cherries, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos -- what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow..."
      <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
      Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
      http://folding.stanford.edu/
      Team : 49813
      Join in!!
      Team Stats

Comment

Originally posted by ratdude747 View Post
        Funny, Taco Bell doesn't specifically give me any issues. Depends on the person I guess...
        Well, for me it was just feeling terribly bloated after eating it, then feeling really hungry again after about 1-2 hours. Same with McD's and many other fast-food places. Their food quality is just not good.

And why do that, when I know several bar & grill places in the area that for just $2-4 more will give you a proper burger or nachos or whatever with real meat and ingredients. Not to mention you get a lot more food for those extra $2-4. If I eat one of those for lunch, I can usually go at least 7-8 hours before the next meal... and by that time it's usually super late, so I just skip dinner altogether. (Though I should note that I very rarely eat out. I prefer my home-cooked stuffs.)

I know that's running a bit askew from the topic of PSUs now. But hear me out... cheap fast food is like getting a cheap PSU - yeah, you pay less, but you also get less and crappier quality. I rather pay a bit more and know I get the good stuff... or buy a quality used PSU that may or may not need a recap and use that instead. Though on that note, I'm not sure how that would translate with the food analogy. Clearly getting used PSUs is not quite the same as getting used food. So yeah... uhm... that's where the analogy diverges.

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
        Like the old saying goes: "Life isn't like a bowl of cherries, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos -- what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow..."
        Maybe.

I've had a case of what you did today burned you today. Long story short, I found a fairly big box of Hebanero peppers in the grocery store one time for $1. I guess it was the last box, so maybe that's why it was so cheap. This was back in college and I used to eat a lot more spicy than I do now. So I got the box and same day started cutting one pepper to put on something I was making. Tasted a small slice and my eyes nearly fell out. Those Hebaneros were so spicy, they even had a weird smell-taste like Cologne almost (but not exactly, though I've seen this before with other really spicy stuff.) Not only that, but even my fingers felt "strange" at the finger tips. I didn't realize it was from the spicy stuff at the time (don't know how), but after going to take a wee-wee and touching some parts down there... Oooooiiii!
        Had to take an "emergency" cold shower right away. Good thing it was summer too, so I didn't mind it that much.

But yeah, moral of the story is, it's not only your mouth and your butt that can taste spicy stuff. Apparently the groin area has its own "taste buds" too.

Now back to the topic of cheap PSUs (see how smoothly I pulled that off? )

If you really wanna go shallow pockets, at least get something like this:
        Power Man IP-S350CQ2-0 350W

It's a decent 2TF design with OST caps throughout (mostly RLS, which I'd say are way better than ChengX). PSU even has 6-pin PCI-E.

I posted pictures of the 400W versions here:
        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...postcount=2946
        The 350W is pretty much the same thing, though.

You can also go with one of those used Dell 265W units:
        Dell Inspiron 3847 265W Power Supply 053N4 YC7TR
        However, I personally don't trust those too much, mainly because they have APFC and they use cheap brand caps on the input and on the output. The cheap caps on the output is not that worrisome, but APFC tends to bust cheap cap brands on the input. So it might be better to just with one of the older Dell PSUs that don't have APFC. The 250W HiPro "tanks" come to mind here, but these usually don't have any modern connectors - not even SATA.

And then there is this "specialty of the day"
        https://www.ebay.com/itm/UNKNOWN-BRA.../164142975812?
        Looks like a Logisys to me with some "custom" modifications done by the user (hot pink paint anyone? )
        Perfect for the "ricer" PC build. Almost as good as hubcap spinners.
        Last edited by momaka; 10-16-2020, 02:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Uranium-235 View Post
          Oh my god guys, it's been so long since I built her that system (haswell celeron), the motherboard was a MSI pro, solid.

But the case, I recognized. It was an old one, I don't remember putting it together, but now that I looked the cpu up on my newegg history. I got the parts 4/10/2014

The case wasn't ordered from newegg. Must have been one I had around, with the power supply too. I recognized it as the same one another customer of mine that after eight years before the fan seized and caught fire

May I present...after six years...an oversight of mine an rx-380k (and yes LOL I see the four diodes instead of a rectifier).

Still I can't deny how long these lasted. Eight and six years. Luckily this one died with a pop and not smoke. Was a low wattage, but still.

Put an antec 380 in there to hold her over.
          Eww! Looks more like a PSU from 2013 - 10 = 2003
          ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
            Tasted a small slice and my eyes nearly fell out. Those Hebaneros were so spicy, they even had a weird smell-taste like Cologne almost (but not exactly, though I've seen this before with other really spicy stuff.) Not only that, but even my fingers felt "strange" at the finger tips. I didn't realize it was from the spicy stuff at the time (don't know how), but after going to take a wee-wee and touching some parts down there... Oooooiiii!
            Had to take an "emergency" cold shower right away. Good thing it was summer too, so I didn't mind it that much.
            yea i looked it up. its very spicy on the scoville heat scale. so much so that it has a numbing spicyness effect similar to the sze chuan pepper corns which also has what the chinese call in mandarin a "mala" or numbing spicyness effect. just wash it off with milk if its too spicy for u. hope u didnt lose sensation in your parts for too long. sucks to feel like an eunuch albeit temporarily. lolzz!!
            Originally posted by momaka View Post
            But yeah, moral of the story is, it's not only your mouth and your butt that can taste spicy stuff. Apparently the groin area has its own "taste buds" too.
            yea i've eaten korean super spicy noodles before. lets just say its only worth it to eat for the novelty factor. its waaay too spicy to eat on a daily basis. it burnt my mouth on the way in and it burnt my ass on the way out. spicy in and spicy out. dont want to experience that again. it was like bad sex. hahaha! okay enuff of that. this is not the vip room!
            Originally posted by Wikipedia
            Although the consumption of spicy food can cause pain, people in many cultures ascribe a high hedonic value to it. Psychologist Paul Rozin puts forth the idea of "benign masochism", a learned tendency that overrides the typically aversive stimuli because of the risk-taking or thrill-seeking associated with overcoming pain.
            Source: Wikipedia - Neurogastronomy

Comment

I tried some sauce before, where as soon as a tiny bit touched my tongue, I headed for a sink!
              ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Originally posted by RJARRRPCGP View Post
                I tried some sauce before, where as soon as a tiny bit touched my tongue, I headed for a sink!
                wrong move,
                water will make the heat spread - salt is the fix.

Comment

Seems like depending on the culture and/or local cuisine you're accustomed to, there are different ways to deal with the heat / spicy stuff.

One of my high school Korean friends always eats his spicy hot noodles with a cup of ice water. Some middle eastern cultures just give you rice to deal with that. I personally prefer spicy stuff with salty and/or fatty food. To me at least it seems that fatty food is pretty efficient at reducing spiciness. Bread too.

And while on topic on the off-topic, I just cooked Lima beans soup yesterday and added just a touch of hot pepper. Still waiting for the results later today or early tomorrow after it goes through my digestive system.
                  Last edited by momaka; 10-19-2020, 01:39 PM.

Comment

yea i've heard that milk and honey can also reduce or block out the spiciness.

do let us know your spicy food lab test results. will it be spicy in and spicy out for momaka? stay tuned to this thread to find out! /end talk show host voice.

Comment

Working...
                    X