Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo x1 carbon Gen 2 No POST Dislay

Dear All,
    When power on Lenovo X1 carbon Gen 2 laptop then it turns on but no POST display and then after few seconds it boots to windows and works fine .

Updated with latest BIOS but no POST display and cant enter the BIOS settings.

Any one can help please,

Thanks.

Re: Lenovo x1 carbon Gen 2 No POST Dislay

Originally posted by NiroPall View Post
    Dear All,
    When power on Lenovo X1 carbon Gen 2 laptop then it turns on but no POST display and then after few seconds it boots to windows and works fine .

Updated with latest BIOS but no POST display and cant enter the BIOS settings.

Any one can help please,

Thanks.
    did you try to press the reset button to enter the bios settings? try to find a button or a hole with this logo...
    Attached Files
    Never stop LEARNING because life never stops TEACHING!

Comment

Thanks dear i will try.

Comment

Its not wok. Same problem mean no bios screen displays. any one can help.

Comment

Press F2 while holding down shift key at bootup.

Comment

you need to turn off your unit then press the reset button or try at boot up hold FN +F2
            Never stop LEARNING because life never stops TEACHING!

Comment

At the startup there is nothing on the display even lenovo logo not appears, . i have reset it by using the button, after that beeps are coming but nothing on the display. and back lights are on but no data on the display.but boot to windows and can work. is this a hardware fault? i connected external display through HDMI but result is the same.

Comment

At the startup there is nothing on the display even lenovo logo not appears, . i have reset it by using the button, after that beeps are coming but nothing on the display. and back lights are on but no data on the display.but boot to windows and can work. is this a hardware fault? i connected external display through HDMI but result is the same.
                mybe the display graphics or try ram.

Comment

Reflash the BIOS

Comment

i updated the bios on windows, The problem was not fixed.

Comment

Hello. Tell me if I understood. You turn on laptop and you want to go inside BIOS Setup, but it not display anything just loading Windows? If that, try to load Windows and then click on restart button on Windows, and when it restarting press immediately F1 key. If not work try the same operation with pressed FN key (FN + F1). If not work, try load Windows and press restart button with Shift key pressed (and all rest the same, F1 or F1 + FN).
                      Last edited by krawat274; 07-16-2020, 03:04 AM.

Comment

i updated the bios on windows, The problem was not fixed.
                        You may try to flash the bios with a programmer

Comment

(You turn on laptop and you want to go inside BIOS Setup, but it not display anything just loading Windows) ? Yes you are right, actually the problem is cannot see the bios screen even lenovo logo at startup back light of the display light up but no data at the startup . Can go to the bios using these key combination but cannot see anything. I removed the hard drive and try. not worked. i think this is a hardware problem right?

Comment

yes i will try. im looking for bios bin for my laptop. FRU PN - 00HN769

LMQ - 1 MB 12298-2 48.4LY06.021 this is the model. X1 carbon Gen 2 20A8

Tks.

Comment

I have the same issue. Boots, keyboard lights, fan spin
                              NO display backlight, post, or sound..
                              after 2 seconds it does a hard shut off.

Tried reset and battery disconnect.

Suspecting GPU or RAM... anyone repair one?

Comment

@NiroPall 's issue is different. His machine can boot into Windows.

There is a widespread motherboard issue on X1 2nd gen which seems related to the CPU. Some people say that giving some heat to the CPU (not reflow) brings it back to life for a short while.
                                OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post
                                  @NiroPall 's issue is different. His machine can boot into Windows.

There is a widespread motherboard issue on X1 2nd gen which seems related to the CPU. Some people say that giving some heat to the CPU (not reflow) brings it back to life for a short while.
                                  thanks so much!
                                  Heat but no reflow tho...? Seems a bit strange. Sounds like this is fixing cold solder joints, classic reflow issue. If it's not reflowing, what would "heat" do?

Any links to this known issue? I couldn't come up with anything.
                                  Really appreciate your help

Comment

Okay, I attempted to reflow… Results are mixed.

Now the system gives me a blink code for the battery no longer enters an endless power on/off boot loop.

However, I get nothing on the screen (no post) and it will not shut off if I push the power button again, I have to hold it down to do a full system shut off.

I tried hooking it up to an external HDMI monitoring got nothing there as well. Same with display port

Keyboard lights up and keyboard dimming controls work.

Any ideas? This does seem to indicate a more classic symptom of bad RAM..wondering if a chip is bad, maybe I can remove 4x of the ICs for a 4GB mobo lol. sucks that repairing with reballed RAM would be too costly / difficult.
                                    Last edited by audiomodder; 10-22-2020, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Did you flash the BIOS using a programmer?

Comment

Originally posted by audiomodder View Post
                                        to indicate a more classic symptom of bad RAM..wondering if a chip is bad, maybe I can remove 4x of the ICs for a 4GB mobo lol. sucks that repairing with reballed RAM would be too costly / difficult.
                                        Dont make assumptions. Start testing the voltages and reset signals.

Comment

Working...
                                        X