Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's inside! .. ?: Razor E300 Scooter

Originally posted by stj View Post
    it may be an intentional restriction for legal reasons.

electric start is an electric vehicle,
    but if you have to kick off then it's classed as electric assisted.
    hmm... as far as I can tell, the E100 requires a kickoff. The E300 supposedly does not.

So I suspect the batteries are not quite strong enough to go full bore, though they've been somewhat rejuvenated from worthless 3V packs...

Comment

Then the next thing is I wonder how I can (safely) get 100kg (220lb) onto the scooter. I don't think I could wear/carry that much weight on myself and ride the scooter at the same time...

Comment

Originally posted by eccerr0r View Post
        Then the next thing is I wonder how I can (safely) get 100kg (220lb) onto the scooter. I don't think I could wear/carry that much weight on myself and ride the scooter at the same time...
        Put a cinder block on the scooter; step onto the block.

Comment

ask a fat person to help?

Comment

Oddly enough there aren't many fat people here interested in a stand up scooter (I don't have the optional seat...)

Maybe I could squeeze a bunch of old lead acid batteries on the deck. Fortunately the scooter has a fairly large deck so I should still have enough space to step on the deck, just worried it may slide off. And if I could stand on it, then maybe I'll slide off with the even higher center of gravity...

Comment

Tried test riding it on my driveway. First tried kicking it down the slight incline of my driveway, okay, at least I could maintain balance. Then I tried kicking it up the incline with the motor on. I can't seem to keep my hand rotating the throttle so the motor keeps shutting off. But when it is on, it does try to pull me up, so that's a good sign. Surprised these lead acid batteries left for dead still got at least a little life left in them.

Unfortunately I put in a bit too much water... may have to take the batteries out during the winter, else keep them well charged...

Comment

Working...
              X