Originally posted by palooza View Post
    Hi

Can anybody help with a HP 430 G8 BIOS

Attached files from both chips are below

Thanks
    What's the problem? Bios password?
    >
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Vesko356; 05-17-2022, 10:56 AM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
    Become a Badcaps supporter
    >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
    Thanks to all supporters.​
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Re: HP 430 G8 Bios

Hi

Can anybody help with a HP 430 G8 BIOS

Attached files from both chips are below

Thanks
      @Vesko356 , His bios corrupted.

HP 430 G8 Bios (T85)
      Attached Files

Thanks to all supporters.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Bios has password on - is it corrupted to?

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
          @Vesko356 , His bios corrupted.

HP 430 G8 Bios (T85)
          That's why I asked him what the problem is, he says that the problem is the BIOS password but the laptop boots normally means that just the reading of the BIOS chip is bad, and in fact the BIOS binary in it is OK. This chip should not be overwritten to remove the password. So in this case only EC chip must be reflashed and this should solve the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
            That's why I asked him what the problem is, he says that the problem is the BIOS password but the laptop boots normally means that just the reading of the BIOS chip is bad, and in fact the BIOS binary in it is OK. This chip should not be overwritten to remove the password. So in this case only EC chip must be reflashed and this should solve the problem.
            We did read and write the original bios and the laptop stopped turning on. This dump I gave you is the original file before writing it again to test. Is the bios now corrupt? Sorry fairly new to this. Do you have an EC file with no password?

Comment

We did read and write the original bios and the laptop stopped turning on. This dump I gave you is the original file before writing it again to test. Is the bios now corrupt? Sorry fairly new to this. Do you have an EC file with no password?
              The MX file has been corrupted. Regarding the password, Vesko356 helped you delete it in the remaining file.The problem is getting more complicated.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

We did read and write the original bios and the laptop stopped turning on.
                And why?
                After you managed to smear all the picture, now the option is to program hoaca388's file at the bios chip, and in the EC chip the file I posted above.
                And next time ask first then act, not the other way.

Comment

Thank you for all your help - I did it before to try out the tool and to see if it worked, too excited to try it i guess!

Anyway, I've flashed the two files I got told to and now the laptop just flashes orange on the charging light and nothing else.

Any ideas?

Just to clarify what i've done

1) Read both chips with CH341A
                  2) Uploaded here
                  3) Realised i messed up and jumped ahead
                  4) Erased and blanked using software and it says chip is blank
                  5) Wrote you're guys files back and then soldered back on to laptop

With help from https://winraid.level1techs.com/t/gu...ogrammer/32948
                  Last edited by palooza; 05-18-2022, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Now here it is : You need to get your computer back up and running first ( the password problem will take care of it later ). Flash my bios file and the original EC file (the one with no password removed) and see the result.

Comment

Now here it is : You need to get your computer back up and running first ( the password problem will take care of it later ). Flash my bios file and the original EC file (the one with no password removed) and see the result.
                      Hi,

Just trie this and still go the same issue, flashing orange light on charger not turning on

Comment

Hi,

Just trie this and still go the same issue, flashing orange light on charger not turning on
                        Try and report
                        Attached Files

Comment

Try and report
                          It now powers on!

However when it turns on it now says there is an issue with the HP endpoint security controller, it also doesn't show any charging light

Any ideas?

Edit its not asking for a hp cloud management disable request
                          Last edited by palooza; 05-18-2022, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Try to use Vesko356's EC file.

Comment

Try to use Vesko356's EC file.

Hi, with that file I get a solid white charger light and doesn't turn on

It then turned on after 10 mins saying updated bios, then to saying it had a data mismatch so it's recovered

Now it's turned on with fan at full speed no lights
                              Last edited by palooza; 05-19-2022, 03:28 AM.

Comment

da0x8pmb8f0 Rev F

This it the board number, figured might come in handy

Comment

Tried my best
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Tried my best
                                    Thank you for trying, unfortunately it doesn't turn on with those two files.

I read somewhere that if the CT code is missing it doesn't charge, its missing on the file where it works

Comment

Hello all, I think I am in the right place EliteBook 430 G8, Can someone please remove the password.
                                      S:N , 5CG14328MC
                                      Model , DAX8QAMB8D1 Rev D

Thank you.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Dan20701 View Post
                                        Hello all, I think I am in the right place EliteBook 430 G8, Can someone please remove the password.
                                        S:N , 5CG14328MC
                                        Model , DAX8QAMB8D1 Rev D

Thank you.
                                        Unlocked
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X