Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: MS Surface no touchscreen after cleaning ME Firmware **FIX**

Originally posted by Penetre View Post
    after an official firmware update, the surface me must be corrupted.
    does not finish installing the firmware update, error Code 10. the touch does not work.

The BIOS has never been touched, the only thing I have done is change all the hardware parts, LCD, Flex, touch plate...

I think that I would only have to modify in the bios, so that the touch is activated.
    You havn`t mentioned the model number.If the flash descriptor is locked you will need an SPI programmer to backup the whole bios.
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
      You havn`t mentioned the model number.If the flash descriptor is locked you will need an SPI programmer to backup the whole bios.
      the model is a surface 6 pro 1796. I have to desolder the BIOS chip, right?

I have tried to boot from a USB efi Shell + ru.efi. It turns on correctly, but I don't know how to use it.

is it impossible to get a dump from there?

I'm sorry if my questions are silly, I'm still learning on this subject.

Comment

Originally posted by Penetre View Post
        the model is a surface 6 pro 1796. I have to desolder the BIOS chip, right?

I have tried to boot from a USB efi Shell + ru.efi. It turns on correctly, but I don't know how to use it.

is it impossible to get a dump from there?

I'm sorry if my questions are silly, I'm still learning on this subject.
        You will have to use an SPI programmer.If the chip is a WSON type (no legs on the chip,soldered flat) you will need to desolder it and use a WSON adapter board,or use a WSON8 pogo adapter
        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ght=WSON8+pogo
        https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001830846980.html
        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...40&postcount=2
        Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-16-2022, 07:23 AM.
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

You will have to use an SPI programmer.If the chip is a WSON type (no legs on the chip,soldered flat) you will need to desolder it and use a WSON adapter board,or use a WSON8 pogo adapter
          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ght=WSON8+pogo
          https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001830846980.html
          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...40&postcount=2
          wow thank you very much, I hadn't seen that you answered.

I continue studying, researching and going crazy, looking on the internet, some solution so as not to have to desolder hahaha

But I think your solution is the most "easy", although it scares me.
          Using the aliexpress adapter is another good option!

Question from Noob, from the "Ru.exe, Ru.EFI", could not modify the values?

Thank you very much again.
          Last edited by Penetre; 04-21-2022, 09:06 AM.

Comment

please tell me where you get the ISH Firmware file from, if not, you can't build the file

Comment

Originally posted by huynhdoluan View Post
              please tell me where you get the ISH Firmware file from, if not, you can't build the file
              The ISH firmware is in the bios

Comment

Which file in pro 7 needs to be changed for me region cleaning?
                Attached Files
                Last edited by ahmypc; 05-15-2022, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ahmypc View Post
                  Which file in pro 7 needs to be changed for me region cleaning?
                  ME Sub Partition.bin .It is the ME firmware.The new PRD_RGN firmware from the repository must be renamed to: ME Sub Partition.bin .If you can`t find the same PRD_RGN version use the nearest older or newer one.

Follow the win-raid guide "D4. CSME 11 - 15 & CSTXE 3 - 4"

https://winraid.level1techs.com/t/gu...zation/31277/2

Comment

ME Sub Partition.bin .It is the ME firmware.The new PRD_RGN firmware from the repository must be renamed to: ME Sub Partition.bin .If you can`t find the same PRD_RGN version use the nearest older or newer one.

Follow the win-raid guide "D4. CSME 11 - 15 & CSTXE 3 - 4"

https://winraid.level1techs.com/t/gu...zation/31277/2
                    Thanks.

Comment

So what if i don't have oryginal bios for Surface 5 PRO.
                      I have ISHC Valid = True but the touch screen not working.

How to Fix this ?? Or this is not possible if I don't have original bios
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by keczuk View Post
                        So what if i don't have oryginal bios for Surface 5 PRO.
                        I have ISHC Valid = True but the touch screen not working.

How to Fix this ?? Or this is not possible if I don't have original bios
                        Have you installed all updates and drivers from microsoft. Make a bios backup and open it with FIT version 11 ,the ISH settings should be set the same as they are in the 1st picture (left side) at post #1
                        Last edited by SMDFlea; 05-20-2022, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Yes i have installed all driver. I try this on W10 and W11 and is same result. On bios in FIT is GOOD but touchscreen not working.

Comment

awosome man!

Comment

Bro,my surface pro4 touch no woring because of bios,but the original bios was lost,can i use this method to repair it?

Comment

Originally posted by zijie View Post
                                Bro,my surface pro4 touch no woring because of bios,but the original bios was lost,can i use this method to repair it?
                                yes, but first make a copy of the bios...
                                Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

How to open the file (bios bin file)
                                  ???
                                  Attached Files
                                  Last edited by SMDFlea; 01-05-2023, 06:43 AM. Reason: removed full OP quote

Comment

Originally posted by abbassink View Post
                                    How to open the file (bios bin file)
                                    ???
                                    Your ME firmware is corrupted.Cleaning the ME firmware might fix it, if it will open with FIT.Post your bios in one of the same model thread topics if you can`t clean the ME yourself.
                                    Here`s the ME cleaning guides https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...41&postcount=3

Comment

Good afternoon, I have a Surface Pro 4 with the Touch not working and the error in the device listing, for the solution according to the procedure described above would I have to access the BIOS memory physically or would there be some software to be used?

Comment

Originally posted by Lgatom View Post
                                        Good afternoon, I have a Surface Pro 4 with the Touch not working and the error in the device listing, for the solution according to the procedure described above would I have to access the BIOS memory physically or would there be some software to be used?
                                        You have to access the BIOS memory physically by a programmer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                        All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                        Become a Badcaps supporter
                                        >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                        Thanks to all supporters.
                                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Hello I am working on a Microsoft Surface Pro 6, M1086841-003
                                          and I have no touch screen, I have been following this guide and I think
                                          I get what to do I am just having problems picking what file to use

I have ME Version 11.7.4.3330

There are two files in, CSME 11.7 Repository r10, what one do I use

11.7.4.3330_CON_H_DA_PRD_RGN
                                          11.7.4.3330_CON_LP_C_NPDM_PRD_RGN

Any help picking a file please, How do I know what one?. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                          X