LG 60UF7300-UT issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 60UF7300-UT issue

No audio and unit will not show video except the brief Channel information in upper left corner.

Have done no diagnostic yet, but apparently LG had mainboard issues with solder joints. There's one guy on Youtube showing how you heat the motherboard in an oven to 385 for 10 minutes and this causes the solder to flow and correct the problem. Any input, before I try and roast my MB?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Rmasters3; 07-15-2020, 05:40 AM. Reason: pictures

Re: LG 60UF7300-UT issue

385f won't cause lead free solder to flow.

Comment

showing channel info only with out broadcast picture or audio almost "IN_STOP" reset could solve it in case the signal of source strong.

Comment

Why would in stop fix this?

Comment

Originally posted by Hamie View Post
          Why would in stop fix this?
          it looks the Tuner Hardware register missing or changed at the firmware.. same if some one change the code of it at service A_Z Adjust menu, it will not catch signal.... if no one change it then In_stop will write back the original one.
          to approve this the set could have picture and audio if OP feed it with HDMI signal or USB media content,, before he go to cooking it.
          Last edited by Diah; 07-15-2020, 07:14 AM.

Comment

Anyone suggest something a relative novice like myself can attempt?

Comment

Audio only goes through the main board (as long as the power is present and stable) so is your main suspect. For a novice, replacing it is the easiest option. In stop is a service remote command to perform a factory reset. You will either need as service remote or a smartphone with IR so you can download a LG remote app.

Comment

simple way use another input source on yours tv such HDMI signal and check do you have picture and audio ( i guess yes ) ...
                also if you press the menu or setting on remote control did you get the menu on screen.. ( i guess yes )

Comment

Hi, i'm fighting with a LG led tv smart 3d that doesn't show other inputs than aerial, i bet yours 90% is bad cpu soldering, it is a constant with LG led tvs, mine is 100% , the cases are growing every day, i'm not sure if it is a tin fact or a thermal pad very poor.. almost no need to formulate diagnosis, a won bet..

PS: it's fool to cook it in oven dry as it is.. a giant tv needs a better treatment like a sending repair work by pro reballing service.. and after this... new heat conductive stuff like cream and a temp conttrolled fan. +cream change every 2 years.. and better stop append tvs to the wall like an artwork, they don't breathe..
                  Last edited by Davi.p; 07-19-2020, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Unfortunately with these boards the issue is not with the solder but the BGA chip itself. The chip itself is defective and needs to be replaced. Putting your board in the oven can will not fix this. If you can replace the large BGA at the top left corner of the main board, then you have a good chance of fixing your issue.

Comment

I can't image how a bad processor can work normally in the.software basis standing on what shows the pictures, that shows a normal graphic layer, the messed up DTV is due to bad contacts berween cpu<>tuner or cpu<>ram.

Comment

Lg's UF series sucks. That BGA chip will fail almost 100%. Best bet is to get somebody to reball it with some kind of warranty.

Comment

Working...
                        X