Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo G485 LA-8681P SUSP# is missing

Hi everyone

I have this motherboard LA-8681P and it does'nt turn on.

I have BATT+, +5VALWP, +3VALWP and sometimes it turn on but almost always not.

When it turn on it hasn't video, have +1.5VP but nothing signal more and turn off 3 seconds next.

In accordance with the power secuence the next signal es SUSP# but it is missing, the EC doesn't release it

I already have programmed bios and there isn't a short in some coil, I think EC is bad.

Could someone help me please?

Thanks in advance
    Attached Files

Re: Lenovo G485 LA-8681P SUSP# is missing

SUSP# comes up after SLP_S3#
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Yes but I have 1.5V activated by syson thus I must to have SLP_S3# in accordance with the power secuence or I'm in mistake?

Thank you

Comment

SYSON comes up after SLP_S5#.
        SLP_S5# and SLP_S3# should come up at the same time when PCH wakes up from S5 state. Confirm it's the case.

Comment

Sorry, I'm not explaining fine or l'm not unferstanding... I'm sure I have syson because I checked (3.2v) and it is the enable signal for 1.5v power supply.

Thus if I have SYSON then I have SLP_S5# and SLP_S3# too or that is my logic.

The problem is SUSP# is not released and then all the signals (including SYSON) goes down.

Comment

Check SIO SUSP# pin Resistance to GND , Discharge SIO take a wire 1point to GND other to all pins one by one with out any power remove RTC

Comment

Find out CLRP1SHORT PADS is getting 3.3V +RTCBATT find out Q63 & for any Short or leak
              Last edited by Techtiger; 10-03-2020, 12:07 AM.

Comment

If above is not working go to Page 35 Put a jumper 3/5 ALW to 3/5VS FCH will heat UP press PWRBTW several times feed back

Comment

Originally posted by ruletero View Post
                  Sorry, I'm not explaining fine or l'm not unferstanding... I'm sure I have syson because I checked (3.2v) and it is the enable signal for 1.5v power supply.

Thus if I have SYSON then I have SLP_S5# and SLP_S3# too or that is my logic.

The problem is SUSP# is not released and then all the signals (including SYSON) goes down.
                  The laptop is not working. Anything can be wrong. You have to check all the signals that are involved.

Comment

Originally posted by techtiger View Post
                    Check SIO SUSP# pin Resistance to GND , Discharge SIO take a wire 1point to GND other to all pins one by one with out any power remove RTC
                    Hi Techtiger

I did that you told me and saw the 116 pin in EC (SUSP#) has corrosion, sorry should have checked that before

I cleaned and resolded the pin and I have SUSP# and the motherboard turn on sometimes, then I did a little reflow to the PCH and now the mobo turn on always (or almost always)

I'm going to take it to reballing with a friend but for now this thread is finished.

Thank you all for your help!

Comment

Working...
                    X