Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Westinghouse LD-4695 T-Con Mainboard Mismatch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Westinghouse LD-4695 T-Con Mainboard Mismatch?

If you have some internet wifi module deal unplug it so we can take it out of the equation for now.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
      It's total bullshit that they hide how to get into service menu, what they need to do is put in full instructions and have it readily available of how EVERYTHING in service menu works and what to be careful not to mess with and have a simple reset in case you do adjust something wrong.
      Yeah, it is BS. I kinda think maybe there is no service menu, only board revisions/firmware to work with different parts. I'm certain this TV would work if I could access a service menu, but it may not have the ability to do so.

Comment

Did you try post #11 step by step? need to hit return key on remote if you get that far.
        Last edited by nomoresonys; 09-10-2019, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Yes. The W logo never blinks.

Comment

Check your remote batteries sometimes when they are low the remote acts up, it is paired to tv? some need to be.

Comment

They are new batteries. It isnt just the remote that acts weird sometimes, the side touch board, besides the + - volume being reversed, will also bring up that "Lets Get Connected" menu if you press the buttons fast enough. I've posted a few pics of the touchboard. I wonder if I would need physical buttons, or maybe a jumper to do the button combo you posted.
              Attached Files

Comment

I'll tell ya, I dont think there actually is a service menu on these things. Maybe the old ones had them. But if they have them, why doesnt ANYONE know how to access it? You would think that after all these years, there has to be SOMEONE who worked on these that let that info out. Yet, no one here seems to know. I've searched online for hours upon hours and havent been able to find it. Its like it doesnt exist. So yeah, maybe it doesnt exist because there isnt one. Its garbage because I'm certain this has a perfectly working panel but I'd have to pay someone 80-100 bucks for a mainboard that *might* *hopefully* work. UGH.
                Last edited by pdog_phatpat; 09-10-2019, 08:50 PM. Reason: info

Comment

Hi,

Just a idea, you could buy a eeprom from shopjimmy for the main board that you suspect goes in your tv. I'm pretty sure there is only 2 main boards for that model. The eeprom come programmed with the panel info so that should solve your issue.

Comment

I thought about that. The concerns I have are 1. Is the main board physically different(would the eeprom work for this MB)? 2. My soldering skills are ATROCIOUS and I have crappy equipment so I'd have to find someone to do it for me(not a huge deal). I've truly only seen 2 different types of mainboard(with diff firmware numbers) for this, they do look similar but I wouldnt know what to look for. I will admit to buying a different TCon, one that is physically diff from the other one I bought and it produced a ghosty white image and vertical panels. So yeah, that was a bust.

Comment

There are many differences between the two boards, if you go to shopjimmy and compare the two you will see some of them, as an example RN20 & RN21 [dual 0Ω] (between U1 and the lvds connector) are on your board (60EB41M0Ma02P) but are missing on the (60E41M0SA01P) I suspect there are others, or maybe that is the difference that is causing the issue? who knows.
                      Last edited by R_J; 09-10-2019, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
                        There are many differences between the two boards, if you go to shopjimmy and compare the two you will see some of them, as an example RN20 & RN21 [dual 0Ω] (between U1 and the lvds connector) are on your board (60EB41M0Ma02P) but are missing on the (60E41M0SA01P) I suspect there are others, or maybe that is the difference that is causing the issue? who knows.
                        Thats what I was afraid of. Thank you for the information and taking your time to check that. So I guess...I dont know. I toss a TV that has an otherwise perfectly working LCD panel? Seems pretty dumb. Anybody else have any ideas?

Comment

What's the issue? does the tv work without that clip hooked up at all not soldered in at all? if not then you might need the other mainboard. I wouldn't invest too much in a westinghouse, the customer reviews are pretty awful.
                          Last edited by nomoresonys; 09-11-2019, 04:47 AM.

Comment

Ok, now is the board with this number 60.EB41M.0MA on the sticker, the one that is NOT matching up?

Comment

Thats a good question. I didnt think of that. I contacted the previous owner who said she would try to get me the picture they took of the old mainboard they replaced. She said she had forgotten and would look. Not sure how that will help things, I just would like to know.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                                What's the issue? does the tv work without that clip hooked up at all not soldered in at all? if not then you might need the other mainboard. I wouldn't invest too much in a westinghouse, the customer reviews are pretty awful.
                                OOps wrong thread. first sentence was meant for different thread.

Comment

60EB41M0MA01P is the board thats in there now.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

It's looking like you need 60.EB41M.0SA, I think the other folks ordered the M.OMA and that's probably where the problem lies.
                                    Last edited by nomoresonys; 09-11-2019, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Now the 15 dollar eeprom on ebay might be the same for both mainboards and might work, someone with just a little soldering experience could probably get the job done, it's a 20 minute job with a coffee/beer break in the middle, even if you are slow. BUT if the boards are different then it probably wouldn't work, but if it's just a firmware problem it might work, at this point I would take the 15 dollar gamble on the eeprom.
                                      Last edited by nomoresonys; 09-11-2019, 06:44 AM.

Comment

I agree. She said they gave the person they bought the "new" board from the numbers off the board and thats what they seller sent them. I'm not sure why they didnt return it and try for a diff board but she said they were over it at that point and just wanted to cut their losses and get rid of it. I would like to know exactly what board was in there they replaced to begin with. If they still have the old one or a decent picture of it we could put this to rest. The TV is worth maybe $50 working to me and I have $16 in it by fault of me throwing 2 T-Cons at it. If someone with the right mainboard would trade me for mine plus a little cash that would be super swell. The chances of that happening are slim.

Comment

Picture I was sent of the "old" mainboard was terrible. Picture taken of a picture on a monitor screen. She doesnt have anything better. Not gonna post it here because the resulting laughter at my expense would just be insult to injury, lol. I can make out that there is nothing populating the RN20 & RN21 locations. So, the original defective board was the correct board(obviously) and they did indeed get the wrong replacement board. I'm done harassing her over something she gave me for free. I'm going to try to sell the mainboard in the TV, and then put the $ toward one I found online for a decent cost.

Comment

Working...
                                          X