LG 50LF561V LEDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 50LF561V LEDs

The 2835's are a lot brighter than the older 3528's, no doubt why people are getting bright spots, specially noticeable when replacing single leds.

Comment

The ones I use are of a similar brightness but the colour is slightly off.

Having looked at old ones under the microscope, they are cracked and discoloured and moments away from death.

Comment

Yes, take it from me. Replacing individual LED's is the lazy mans way of doing things. I had plenty comebacks because the remaining LED's failed soon after my repair. It's a pain but you have to replace all the LED's.

Comment

Originally posted by angelos View Post
          Yes, take it from me. Replacing individual LED's is the lazy mans way of doing things. I had plenty comebacks because the remaining LED's failed soon after my repair. It's a pain but you have to replace all the LED's.
          No one mentioned only replacing the failed LEDs, all I said was, I didnt want the whole strips, I wanted the individual LEDs to replace them all, as it is more cost effective

Comment

I'd want to ensure I could align the lenses correctly before replacing all 45 LEDs, they are a pain, with bright spots on the LCD if they aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
              I'd want to ensure I could align the lenses correctly before replacing all 45 LEDs, they are a pain, with bright spots on the LCD if they aren't.
              Yeah I know m8, learnt that the hard way with the first ever one I did, had to strip it all back down amd re align a couple.

Tbh even if I was only changing a couple of LEDs in this particular set, I would still have to realign alot of the lenses, as they are very poorly adhered, the slightest knock and they fall off. There was already one loose inside the chassis when I stripped it, and on the strips that had to be removed with bad LEDs they all fell off when pulling the strip away from the cassis, I would hate to think I went to all the trouble and one or more were to drop off in the near future.

Ive never came across a set before where the lenses have been so loose, not sure if they are just poorly adhered from factory, or if the adhesion has degraded with time and excessive heat perhaps?

Comment

LGs lenses are like bloody lemmings, look at them the wrong way and off the pop.
                It degrades over time with the heat, loosing it's grip on the little feet.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
                  LGs lenses are like bloody lemmings, look at them the wrong way and off the pop.
                  It degrades over time with the heat, loosing it's grip on the little feet.
                  🤣🤣🤣 too true, they big daft things aswel

Comment

Working...
                  X