Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dell Precision 7510 charge battery and left side board problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell Precision 7510 charge battery and left side board problem.

Ok i just desolder PU101 but still 20Ω
    Should i proceed with PU1001?

Comment

Sure, wont hurt to try.

Comment

Desoldered PU1001 too, still 20Ω on both jumpers pins.

Comment

Post resistance to ground value on all all coils.

Comment

PL101 185Ω
            PL100 several ΜΩ (not stable)
            PL301 60Ω
            PL700 several ΜΩ (not stable)
            PL701 ~300KΩ
            PL1401 7.8Ω
            PL1400 7.8Ω
            PL201 ~370Ω
            PL1202 5Ω
            PL1201 5Ω
            PL1200 5Ω
            PL1700 2.4Ω
            PL800 66Ω

Comment

Hmmm, try checking circuits connected to 5VALW. Refer to page 4 and 67, check the load switch IC such as UZ26.

Comment

Check for resistance to GND, correct?

Comment

Easiest way in my opinion would be to just unsolder it and check both sides. Taking uz26 as example, measure resistance on pin 1,2 to ground then 13,14 to ground.

Comment

Removed UZ26 still 20Ω to GND.
                    Pin 1 & 2 20Ω to GND
                    Pin 13 & 14 (right above pin 1 &2 if i measured correctly) show infinity.

Keep in mind PU101 and PU1001 are still desoldered.

Comment

Had an almost similar issue a while back. In my case it was a dead Core voltage controller and a USB protection IC. Try removing PU1100 and see if that changes anything.

Last resort would be to inject voltage on the 20Ohm line. Although not much current would flow, at 5V about 250mA to be expected. Might not be enough to get hot but something might get warm.
                      Last edited by Spider1211; 11-02-2021, 02:51 PM.

Comment

After desolder of PU1100 i got 85Ω on all pins mentioned above, no more 20Ω.
                        Is this resistance normal?
                        Last edited by Andreasbest; 11-03-2021, 01:28 AM.

Comment

By all pins you mean +5V_ALW, correct? Does both side of PJP102/3 still show same value or are they different now (pin1 is one value and pin 2 is different).

Still low but 85 is better than 20, so atleast that's some progress. Try checking different IC connected to +5V_ALW. Stuff like PU200, PU1200, PU1201, PU1400, PU1401, PU1402, PU1600, PU1700, etc.

Try resoldering everything back except PU1100 and see if its still 85Ohm. Then try removing the above mentioned IC and check if resistance increases(unless someone can provide a better approach). If you have a similar donor board, check what the resistance should be or maybe check the forum if someone with a recent post has a similar model and if they can provide the resistance value.

Comment

Yes i mean both pins of both jumpers have the same value, 85Ω.
                            Should i try with voltage inject or with 85Ω it will now work?

Last resort is to start desoldering what you suggest in order.
                            Damn, what a mess :p

Comment

Just as a precaution, check if there is no solder bridge remaining after you disoldered pjp102/3.

Dont inject voltage if the driver chips are desoldered, at 85ohms (injecting 5V max) not much would happen anyway.

Well, since removing pu1100 (vcore related) changed resistance from 20 to 85 I'd suggest starting around vcc core chip first (pu1200, etc)

Comment

Originally posted by Spider1211 View Post
                                Just as a precaution, check if there is no solder bridge remaining after you disoldered pjp102/3.

Dont inject voltage if the driver chips are desoldered, at 85ohms (injecting 5V max) not much would happen anyway.

Well, since removing pu1100 (vcore related) changed resistance from 20 to 85 I'd suggest starting around vcc core chip first (pu1200, etc)
                                Okay, so i solder back everything (except PU1100) and cleaned up very well the jumper pins.
                                Now i have 80Ω on upper pins of both jumpers, bottom pins (the ones that are connected to PL102) have very high resistance.

Comment

Just desolder PU1200, now resistance on upper pins of both jumpers increased to 90Ω, still low.
                                  Should i desolder PU1201, PU1202?

Comment

Originally posted by Andreasbest View Post
                                    Should i desolder PU1201, PU1202?
                                    Sure, try and see what happens. If no change, resolder all ICs and replace PU1100 with a known good chip and recheck resistance value. Around 120-170 Ohm should be OK for that rail.

Comment

Ok, so far PU1100 is confirmed faulty
                                      The PU1200 is ok? 10Ω resistance increase is normal?

Comment

Originally posted by Spider1211 View Post
                                        Sure, try and see what happens. If no change, resolder all ICs and replace PU1100 with a known good chip and recheck resistance value. Around 120-170 Ohm should be OK for that rail.
                                        Hello!
                                        Removed all PU1200, 1201 & 1202 but resistance still stuck at 97Ω.
                                        What do you suggest next?

Comment

Resolder everything back except those that caused resistance to increase when removed. I would replace those, especially PU1100.

Once you have resoldered and replaced necessary parts, measure resistance again. Then resolder the PJP jumpers. If it is still within 90ish ohms, try to power on and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
                                          X