LA-H331P freezes with power, BSOD with batteryf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LA-H331P freezes with power, BSOD with batteryf

Ok, this is a XPS 15 7590 that it just freezes in seconds when you plug in the power even at bios menu
    With battery only you can get it to work at bios but when you try to boot at OS or try to boot from windows usb boot you get errors like driver overrun, security check failure, page fault in nonpaged area and many others.
    So far ram swapping has been tested and bios update has been performed.
    Could it be an issue at a buck converter that fails with 19V and doesn't work properly with battery either?

Thank you in advance

Re: LA-H331P freezes with power, BSOD with batteryf

Try changing caps connected with cpu core lines.

Comment

Thank you fro the reply,
      the CPU has 2 main caps at the side at 470uf and one slim at the bottom at 200uf.
      I measured the first two at 500 & 480uf.
      Instead of replacing them as I only have 330uf I made a bridge and added one 330 at the side of each 470uf.
      The test have me the same results, no display with power, BSOD with battery.
      One more thing I forgot to mention is that heatsink becomes too hot to touch - it conducts heat properly and fan spin as they should.

Comment

As you are aware, you cant replace cap with lower value-higher vale will do

Comment

yes, I didn't replaced them but I added 2 more in parallel to maximize the capacitance

Comment

Working...
          X