• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Digihome 50551UHDS display sync

50" Digihome 50551UHDS
    Pwb :17IPS72
    Mb: vestel 17MB130S 23592996
    Panel :VES500QNDC-2D-N41

I've replaced the above mB with a near identical one (best I can find). 17MB130S 23665848, was quoted as being from same model 50".

Picture is out of sync.
    Could it need reconfiguring to this particular panel? Or is this a tcon/cable fault?

note: this is the second replacement board i have tried, first one was also same model but slightly different serial. same picture out of sync.

update : unplugging the tcon > panel cables result in only half the screen with same symptoms - on bothsides - im thinking it tcon or firmware. ..?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by stav242; 01-20-2022, 07:06 AM.

Re: Digihome 50551UHDS display sync

Yes does seems like a tcon issue.

Comment

Maybe timing issues. Might try blocking clk traces on one side.
      I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

I tried removing each of the ribbon cables to the panel, the problem exists which ever cable is plugged in. So points to tcon issue .. have ordered a replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by stav242 View Post
          I tried removing each of the ribbon cables to the panel, the problem exists which ever cable is plugged in. So points to tcon issue .. have ordered a replacement.
          Your right missed that part.
          I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

replaced Tcon, no change.

now have 2x working Mbs and 2x working TCons... but display is still out of sync.

are there any service menu type setting i need to check/change ?
            Attached Files
            Last edited by stav242; 02-03-2022, 03:58 PM.

Comment

its a Vestel 17MB130S main board.

i tried searching on the vestelservice.com - but cant find my 50" Digihome with MB130S model listed ?

does anyone know where i can get the panel/timing profiles for this model ?

Comment

for me at least Panel damaged .. take out bezel and with loop check a round end the panel sides.. small point breaking to great discharge fault

Comment

I still think thats its not a faulty screen nor a faulty tcon. Your mainboard replacement its not compatible with the screen.
                  Last edited by ducky29; 02-04-2022, 02:12 AM.

Comment

You will need the panel profile. I have for N11 not N41. It deserves a try. Do you know the installation procedure?
                    L.E. Type on the MENU 4725 remote control and see which panel the motherboard worked with.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by yokoono; 02-04-2022, 02:40 AM.

Comment

Had a picture recently that was grainy like that, was one loose tab bond, shimmed it up and got good picture back, the one you have there would be harder and maybe not even possible? since there's practically no bezel to work with, if that is the issue, suppose it could be a component problem on the panel driver board.
                      Last edited by nomoresonys; 02-04-2022, 02:54 AM.

Comment

So you have exact same issue with either mainboard or tcon? maybe try go around the bezel NOT the screen and give it a squeeze, see if picture changes any.
                        Last edited by nomoresonys; 02-04-2022, 02:50 AM.

Comment

connected only 1 of the panel connection to TCON and still get the same image, and same if i swap over to the other connector. so would imply the signal going to both sides of the screen -independantly is distorted. that would imply that the screen is ok wouldnt it ? as i say, tcon and MNb have been swapped. which leads me down the panel profile route.

attached a photo of the service menu and screen product label - its hard to read the menu due to the distortion.

panel is VES500QNDC-2D-N41

i can make out ....TN41J_2DUHD

anyone figure out if these are matching or if it needs an update ?
                          where can i find the panel profile for my N41 model ?
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by yokoono View Post
                            You will need the panel profile. I have for N11 not N41. It deserves a try. Do you know the installation procedure?
                            L.E. Type on the MENU 4725 remote control and see which panel the motherboard worked with.
                            can you give me the installation procedure to try ?

Comment

It is clear that the motherboard purchased worked with a different type of panel. The panel is good. With the correct panel profile the problem can be solved. Unfortunately, I do not have the profile for N41. What I posted above. Installation is done with stick (files placed in PQ folder) / menu / 4725 / usb operations / ok / exit / tv off.
                              L.E.
                              1. Format a stick with FT32 (2,4,8 Gb)
                              2. Create a folder called PQ on the stick
                              3. Unzip the software (#10) and put files (PNL+TMG) in the pq folder
                              4. Turn on the TV and insert the USB stick
                              5. Type Menu, 4725, scroll down to USB Operations, type OK, and wait 5 seconds.
                              6. Exit the menu and turn off the TV
                              7. For safety, unplug the TV until the stby LED goes out
                              8. Remove the stick and turn on the TV. It has to start with the right image.
                              Last edited by yokoono; 02-07-2022, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Re: Digihome 50551UHDS display sync (FIXED)

Originally posted by yokoono View Post
                                It is clear that the motherboard purchased worked with a different type of panel. The panel is good. With the correct panel profile the problem can be solved. Unfortunately, I do not have the profile for N41. What I posted above. Installation is done with stick (files placed in PQ folder) / menu / 4725 / usb operations / ok / exit / tv off.
                                L.E.
                                1. Format a stick with FT32 (2,4,8 Gb)
                                2. Create a folder called PQ on the stick
                                3. Unzip the software (#10) and put files (PNL+TMG) in the pq folder
                                4. Turn on the TV and insert the USB stick
                                5. Type Menu, 4725, scroll down to USB Operations, type OK, and wait 5 seconds.
                                6. Exit the menu and turn off the TV
                                7. For safety, unplug the TV until the stby LED goes out
                                8. Remove the stick and turn on the TV. It has to start with the right image.
                                its fixed! your a star. ..thanks so much.

was trying with those files on the root and in a profiles folder. never knew about the PQ folder.

is there some secret list of what folders and files are needed to update various settings ?

Comment

So profile N11 worked for your tv?

Comment

On the stick create a folder called downloadprofile.mb130 Follow steps 4,5,6,7,8. On the stick will be saved some files that you can use on another occasion.
                                    To save the panel profile from tv the folder is renamed downloadpq.mb130
                                    Copying is done separately, not with the 2 folders simultaneously.

Comment

fixed it... used the timing file from your download for the 50" and the panel file from the backup i took before i started...

now its working retested onthe same youtube vidoes - all looking good now.

attached the ones im using if this helps anyone in the future.
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                      X