Sanyo fw65d25t no picture; good sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sanyo fw65d25t no picture; good sound

So, I have replaced the frc, led driver, main, and tcon boards. Same blue screen. Not sure what to check now.
    I assume its either the long strips the tcon connects to(which I don't see anything wrong). However unhooking one side of the ribbon cables produces a white screen. So my fear is its internal.
    Last edited by fullmore; 05-27-2016, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Have you any clear pictures of your boards, the rear of the set showing interconnections and what is shown on the panel.
      Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Here are a few pics. The last two are what the tcon ribbons connect too.
        Tv has red standby. Pressing power makes red standby blink 6-7 times and tv only shows bluish screen, no inputs, logos, etc. I can hear sound just fine through hdmi. From behind, while powered on, the backlights are bright through the screw holes. Every board was replaced except the power board, but Buda said I could rule that out.
        So im thinking those two long strips the tcon ribbon hooks to or led strips inside. Both of which are probably beyond my repair level.
        Would those ground cables on the ldvs need to be screwed onto the chassis to make the boards work?
        Attached Files
        Last edited by fullmore; 05-27-2016, 07:22 PM.

Comment

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...2&d=1464398046
          Did you remove the left cabel? It is not seated right at all.
          Some one worked on this TV before?
          Never stop learning
          Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
          http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
          http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

I was told that it just died. And no attempts had been made to fix it.
            I am reseating those cables right now. I just noticed that in the pics. However I have checked those cables before. And replaced them

Comment

Now I have this
              Attached Files

Comment

Ok picture is back and good. Weird though, it seems to be going back to the bluish/sound but no picture when I turn it off. Repeated turning off/on seems to "fix" it. Any idea what that could be?
                Last edited by fullmore; 05-27-2016, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Alot closer!!!
                  Watched the tv for hours yesterday. All good. Except when I shut it off, it wouldn't produce a picture when it came back on. So I counted red blinks. Solid red light in standby -- 1 weak quick blink after pressing power--8 full slower blinks-- then one last full but quick blink.
                  Now I sat for like 10 minutes and kept power cycling-- to no avail. So I decided to tap the tcon through the case. After a couple of taps, powered on and picture came back.
                  So I'm guessing its either the tcon is bad, or a cable is not seated well.

Btw thanks for all the help. I wouldn't have made it this far without badcaps ��
                  Last edited by fullmore; 05-29-2016, 11:52 AM.

Comment

You are lifting the tabs on the connector and then insering the cables and then clicking them back down, not pushing the cable in I hope??
                    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

I'm lifting the tabs, but as someone mentioned in one of the pics I posted, the ribbon was crooked. Maybe when I "push" in the ribbons, I'm going too far?

Comment

So for the past 3 hrs I have been swapping parts and cables to try and see a pattern. But there isn't one. I definitely had a bad frc board because I could never get picture with the old one in. So now I'm left with power supply as the most likely culprit. Not sure what to test though.
                        Maybe ill just leave the tv on all the time ��

Comment

UPDATE! Working but still issues

So I have had a long bout with this tv. Finally got the tcon, main, led driver, and frc boards all at once. Replaced everything. Still didn't work. Changed all the lvds cables and ribbon cables, still didn't work. Must have spent a good hour after changing out parts looking for something loose or mis-seated. Kept shutting off power and turning it back on with every change. Viola!! Tv comes on.
                          But then I turn it off, and back to square one. Sound but no picture.
                          So for the past two weeks I've been using the remote or side buttons to turn on/off the tv until a picture shows up. It has no pattern. Sometimes within 5-10 attempts, sometimes it seems like 50, but it will come on. Once the picture is on, I can watch it all day. In fact I have had it playing over 11 hours one day without a hiccup. But once turned off, its back to the same routine.
                          All the voltages seem fine and with a whole spare set of parts, I know its not those.
                          Any clue what to check now?

Comment

Well the tv finally conked out. It went off during the night after 3 weeks or so of running continuously. Haven't been able to get it back on since.
                            One thing I did notice is the blink start up pattern has changed. It was one really fast blink and then eight more full blinks. Now it is ten blinks.

Comment

Tv is finally fixed. I found a good deal on a power supply board for it. Works just fine now. Odd thing was the power readings I took initially were good. Maybe a drop off was occurring?
                              Anyway, for anyone who has run into this problem, it is a good chance on the power supply.

Comment

I know this is an old thread but hopefully someone can help me. I'm having the exact same issues with the same tv. So far I have replaced the t-con board and power supply with a used one from eBay that seller tested to be functional. Visually inspected all caps on tv and they all look good. What should my next course of action be in terms of parts replacement? After that, it's probably gonna cost, but I will have a tv expert look at it. Thanks.

Comment

Reading thru the posts I saw that the Flat cables from the T-CON Bd to the Panel could be faulty....Make sure and lift the Tabs on the connectors before attempting to remove the cables....On both sides...T-CON side and Panel side.

Comment

[QUOTE=fullmore;646619]Well I got this for $20 off Craigslist. Took off ribbon cables and reseated all the otheI have the same r cables.
                                    Have the bluish light on screen. Back lights working. Upon disconnecting ribbons from TCON I get the bright white on either side of the screen. reseating those ribbons,
                                    So I'm thinking its the main video board and/or tcon.
                                    Any tests I can do to do I haven't? I tried the reset/service method of Vol - but it wouldn't even power on by itself that way.
                                    Btw the power light is red and blinks a few times during power up. It is not blue or green at any time. Is that normal for this model?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have the same model with the same issue. I checked the power supply voltages and all were fine. In following this thread, I performed some of the same tests. Results were that when disconnecting the cables one at a time between the T-Con and FRC, I would see a large white bar on either side of the screen. I thought originally it was the video board and replaced it with no change. I then bought a replacement T-Con from EBAY and now the same white bar show up. Upon disconnecting the cables as before, it seems one connector make no change at all. Might I have a bum T-Con board from Ebay? Should I put the original T-Con board back in and look at the FRC?

Comment

I like a lot of others here endeavor to keep the landfills as empty as possible. One of the first and least expensive things you can do when you have an issue is take the powerboard out of the tv, flip it over and look the solder joints over with a magnifying glass if needed, add a little flux to make the solder flow well and add solder to any joints that look even a little suspect. You can practice on a scrap pcb board if needed, careful not to bridge any joints, and always let the board sit for quite a while or discharge the big caps with an appropriate resister before working on it (safety first) to try to keep from getting shocked, it doesn't take 1000 volts to KILL, a lot less can kill, so be careful, it's only a tv.
                                      Last edited by nomoresonys; 01-15-2022, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Re: Sanyo fw65d25t no picture Bluish Screen

I did what you said and only seen a few joints that were questionable. Resoldered what I found. I also checked closely all the cap and all look fine... not bowing up the tops at least but didn't check with an ESR meter. Put back in and no change. Just a bluish screen

Comment

Ok, Can you post a good focused str8 on pic. of the power board and the connectors on it with the labels readable?

Comment

Working...
                                          X