Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lc-49cfg6021k logo loop

Hello,
    Got this TV that originally had the fault of being difficult to come on, i.e. stuck in red light standby. If it did come on, the light would go white but show no picture. Then after some time it would go back to red.

Tested all PSU voltages. 5v, STB and 12v all present and look stable.

Found a mainboard for 30quid so at that price it's not worth messing around. Fitted the used board which was supposedly working, and now it does show the sharp logo for about 30sec but then goes off and reboots showing the logo again.

Would you still be ruling out the PSU? Old board wont show any image. This board does. After a few attempts to boot, it seems to give up. The red light then gives a slight blink every 10sec or so (hardly even noticeable but it does blink). Turning power off and back on allows sharp logo loop to begin again.

Spoke to Sharp and got a copy of USB firmware. Put the files on FAT32 stick, but the TV doesn't attempt to read the stick. The stick blinks briefly for a split sec when the sharp logo comes on and then it doesn't attempt to read anymore. Not sure if there is a procedure I'm missing to kick off the firmware update or if this mainboard is also faulty to the point that it wont update.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,
    James.

Re: lc-49cfg6021k logo loop

Much probably an error in the flash file system, data losss etc prevent the software to fully load, this is particularily common on Android TV, if it is..

Comment

Many times the boot loop is a faulty mainboard, I'd send it back and try a different one, just my best guess.

Comment

Ordered another board today. Hope it fixes it. I would have liked to have tried flashing the nand but I cant find a dump anywhere. If the 2nd board works i'll consider taking a dump of it! I'll update when the 2nd board arrives if it helps anyone.

Comment

You should have contacted the manufacturer instead of buying a new board. They will provide you a firmware for your tv that hopefully will fix it. Cancel the order if the seller has not shipped yet. http://www.umc-uk.co.uk/

Comment

Could be a chip on the mainboard is faulty or corrupt...just a firmware update may not do the trick, won't know til you try tho.
            Last edited by nomoresonys; 04-15-2021, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jesterace View Post
              Hello,
              Got this TV that originally had the fault of being difficult to come on, i.e. stuck in red light standby. If it did come on, the light would go white but show no picture. Then after some time it would go back to red.

Tested all PSU voltages. 5v, STB and 12v all present and look stable.
              could you show us high resolution focused photo of the original mainboards from both side ???

BTW: to update sharp , you should have files with .bin and other with .txt format
              the file with .bin need to make copy of it and rename the copy for example:-

you have "allupgrade_6486_aes.bin" make another copy to the same file under name "allupgrade_6486_aes_U.bin" with out ""
              so your USB flash drive will have 3 files the 2 above and one "UMC_KMODE.txt"

use the USB slot on the side close to CI socket, while the set out from wall socket.
              Last edited by Diah; 04-15-2021, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X