Ps51d450

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ps51d450

Hi, Firstly I have learned a lot using this forum, I have an old PS51d450 it's been working perfect until last week, where it turned off and I had no picture or sound. Using this forum I discovered a short on the X main board, all other board test fine and giving me proper voltages across them. I replaced the x main last night and the TV works again. Picture is near perfect. But one thing I forgot to check was the VE voltage from the X Main test point. When I checked this I am only getting 86v from the VE test point on the X main but the ribbon cable coming from the Y main is giving it 100v which is close to what the panel sticker states 101v.

Because the TV is working again, I have switched it back off incase it does any damage until I find out if I need to adjust the bottom pot so the VE test point on the X Main should be set to read 100v the same as the top and feed from the Y main. Also I noticed there is some amount of heat from the big heatsink on the left of the X main so much that after only 10 mins you can't keep your finger on the heatsink is this normal? I know to TV gave off a lot of heat before so this might be normal but thought I would ask. Thanks
Working...
X