Sony KDL-40WE663 Screen problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony KDL-40WE663 Screen problem

Am now searching for a mainboard with exact same numbers on the board, no luck in finding yet

Comment

Originally posted by willday View Post
      Entered into Sony Service menu, board is showing correct tv model KDL-40WE663
      Many many settings to look at and possibly change, but I would not know which ones I may need to change or what to change a setting to
      i thought you will upload photos here.. any way
      from service menu do factory reset. to register yours panel T-CON at the new firmware.. let see if it solved

Comment

Hi Sorry did not realise you wanted pics, I will again do a factory reset and take some pics for you.
        Is there an option to do a factory reset through this service menu ??
        The factory reset that I have done, I did through the normal tv settings menu

Comment

it may listed reset option at service menu under different name such as "factory default".. also you have option of self check. this will diagnose whole hard ware and if there are error for example at T-CON will be listed too. self check are very useful option at SONY.

Comment

Hi Diah, firstly thanks for the help on this tv
            Have done a reset through this service menu same result on right hand side of picture
            Here are the pics of the service menu, one thing I had a quick look at was the panel selection, it lists about 12 different panels, maybe that may need changing if this board is for a different panel as to what is fitted in this tv
            Attached Files

Comment

Looking at my pictures of the lvds driver board screen fitted to this tv is a LSY 400HN02

Comment

Originally posted by willday View Post
                Looking at my pictures of the lvds driver board screen fitted to this tv is a LSY 400HN02
                take looks on yours TV chassis there should be barcode or label show the panel No.
                in case you couldn't find label. you can pattern the listed Option at Panel Selection. Choice one and test..

Comment

UPDATE
                  Ok a revisit on this tv, I have just sourced a mainboard after many many months of searching for this tv exact same numbers as faulty board
                  Fitted the board and tv picture is still showing same fault as previous boards ie hazy patch and pattern on right hand side of screen as in my previous posts
                  I have updated software and factory reset still same pattern and haze on screen
                  Any ideas please

Comment

You might try Budm suggestion. Firmware can't fix everything. Seems to be a thermal problem.
                    I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Working...
                    X