Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hp 15-n267sg Strange behaviour CMOS reset (502) , not a battery fault!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hp 15-n267sg Strange behaviour CMOS reset (502) , not a battery fault!

I have a problem with an hp 15-n267sg .
    The device was not turning on because a faulty superIO.
    After replacing the ITE chip it's working fine but the bios not at all, date and time keeps restarting (00:00:00 /01.01.2013)
    and I am not able to make any bios settings change...
    I didn't see this kind of strange behaviour on other devices , superIO is soldered properly and tried different bios dumps but same...

The CMOS battery is ok , what else can cause this?
    Please help.
    Thanks

Re: Hp 15-n267sg Strange behaviour CMOS reset (502) , not a battery fault!

The bios flashed is from hp website or random dump from internet?? Check RTCRST# & SRTCRST# to start with. No power attached to the board, only cmos cell inserted.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
      The bios flashed is from hp website or random dump from internet?? Check RTCRST# & SRTCRST# to start with. No power attached to the board, only cmos cell inserted.
      i dont think its a bios problem because the original bios was also working, but i can give a try with a bios from hp website as well.

where are RTCRST# & SRTCRST# located in this board , i cant find anything...
      Attached Files

Comment

as i thougt its not the bios, with bios from hp website same problem...

Comment

Didnt know its AMD Platform as you just gave model number. AMD' RTC circuit is bit different. You can use search and type RTC in your pdf file and proceed to rest voltages. To begin with voltage on pad G1?? As far as bios is concerned, i too dont dount it but its always wiser to flash with bios from manufacturer's website to rule out bios issue.

Comment

Didnt know its AMD Platform as you just gave model number. AMD' RTC circuit is bit different. You can use search and type RTC in your pdf file and proceed to rest voltages. To begin with voltage on pad G1?? As far as bios is concerned, i too dont dount it but its always wiser to flash with bios from manufacturer's website to rule out bios issue.

When CMOS cell connected D2 diode measurements one side 0v dropped in diode mode, that cannot be right,
            but without the cell is reading 0,2V dropped...

How can short the cmos cell the D2 diode?

Comment

G1 is present 3,2V
              But when CMOS battery connected C607 also shorted to ground....
              Last edited by Ariu; 12-01-2021, 11:12 AM.

Comment

C607 shoul'nt show shorted to gnd. What is the voltage on D1/D2-Both pins and C607 cap??
                01.measure without power, only cmos cell inseted
                02.Measure with adapter connected, cmos cell also inserted.

Comment

C607 shoul'nt show shorted to gnd. What is the voltage on D1/D2-Both pins and C607 cap??
                  without power only cmos battery connected:
                  D1 3V-2.8V
                  D2 2,8V-0V

C607 2,59V

with power and cmos battery connected:
                  D1 3V-3.1V
                  D2 3,1V-3,3V

C607 2,93V

Comment

whats about pin9 of U18 chip?(CLKGEN_RTC_X1)
                    its showing 0,4V with and without adapter...

Comment

Originally posted by Ariu View Post
                      without power only cmos battery connected:
                      D1 3V-2.8V
                      D2 2,8V-0V

C607 2,59V

with power and cmos battery connected:
                      D1 3V-3.1V
                      D2 3,1V-3,3V

C607 2,93V
                      Everything is correct here.

Comment

Everything is correct here.

What else may be faulty?

Comment

It could be U18 is faulty. You need to check all the pins. You can try removing caps connected to RTC line one by one and see if it helps. The mb can be powered safely without these caps. Worst case scenario could be AMD APU is faulty.

Comment

Working...
                          X