Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gigabyte seems to have learned their lesson....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gigabyte seems to have learned their lesson....

Just got me a Gigabyte GA-K8NS-Ultra today.. (socket 939, NF3 Ultra).. Every cap on this thing is either a Nichicon or Panasonic cap.. So far it's been a nice board, even though i haven't had it for 6 hours yet..

well, all their new ones I have seen use Sanyo and Nichicon, was impressed, but now Nichicon is coming into question as a good cap

We cant win

Comment

What series nichicon though...it's not the PW(M) series, it's the Hx series...The ones made in Hong Kong and not Japan...

MD
      Ya'll think us folk from the country's real funny-like, dontcha?

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of BADCAPS.NET or any of their affiliates.

Comment

Well, the vast majority of the caps on this board are Nichicon HM(M) series. Has a total of 7 2200's by CPU socket, and quite a few 1000u's scattered on the board. The ones on the input side of the CPU VRM are the Panasonics, total of 7 1000u's.. This board uses a 6 phase VRM design, so presumably the power coming out of the FETs can be smoothed pretty easily. There's a few Panasonics, and like two Nippon Chemicon..

Comment

We have seen a few fails for Nichicon HM(M) series. I hope the problem is isolated and you will be lucky. Too early to worry about it though.
          capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

The new "Grouper" mother board from Sapphire Tech is using the HM series...The board was featured at CEBIT...

MD

The opinions expressed above do not represent those of BADCAPS.NET or any of their affiliates.

Comment

Originally posted by MD Willington
              The new "Grouper" mother board from Sapphire Tech is using the HM series...The board was featured at CEBIT...

MD
              The same HM series caps that had exploded on this board, and many others?! Even Nichicon is going downhill these days. Gigabyte never was one of my favored boards.
              <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
              Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
              http://folding.stanford.edu/
              Team : 49813
              Join in!!
              Team Stats

Comment

Yep same series, but Nichicon has acknowledged the problem, I had the link somewhere..basically it detailed that the caps where not to be used around chlorine and other disinfectants etc...since SARS was a big issue in Taiwan and China this may lead to some contamination of the capacitors...

Found it...

http://www.nichicon-us.com/english/seihin/index.html

" Some disinfectants contain halogenide such as fluorine, chlorine, bromine, iodine etc., and acid or alkali solutions. Please do not use the disinfectants which contain any substances as above-mentioned in a location where capacitors may be subjected to them. Halogens contained in the disinfectants can particularly cause corrosive reactions to aluminum electrolytic capacitors, such as reduction of capacitance, open circuit and so on as time goes by. Therefore, if the disinfectants containing the above-mentioned substances are used at the place where capacitors are exposed and may become with them, please be sure to dry the solution completely from capacitors."

At least these guys have the balls to come out and give a warning...

MD

Comment

that is old news and has nothing to do with the current bad caps.

Comment

Working...
                  X