When to Choose ZL vs. MCZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: When to Choose ZL vs. MCZ

>>> it feasable that these 15 electrolytics would boil due to overheating, and not one other single component in the system fail? <<<

Absolutely!
    Other parts don't have to deal with pressure effects from liquids, gases, and gases in solution.

Capacitors are filled with liquid which expands and contracts with temperature even if there is no significant gas present at first.
    Heat them up enough and they are going to pop.
    -
    In fact heating them up -too fast- can do the same thing if there is gas present. Warm them up at expected heat-up rates and some gas goes back into solution countering the effects of the expanding liquid. Heat them up way too fast and the gas can't absorb (get out of the way) fast enough for the expanding liquid. - Pressure spike.

Mann-Made Global Warming.
    - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
    -
    You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
    -

Comment

Foxconn is that actual manufacturer for (most if not all) Intel boards and has been for several years. - A little outsourcing fact Intel would like to keep hidden from the public.

Mann-Made Global Warming.
      - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
      -
      You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
      -

Comment

"brain fart" as Bonez so well puts it.

Gonzo
        I would just use polymer capacitors in this case, they have superior endurance at high temperature, lower ESR and lower Z and a very high ripple current rating.
        Half the capacitance should be sufficient in case of polymer cap replacement.
        thats the bit I was trying to recall and put in correct terms thanks

bonez
        Foxconn is that actual manufacturer for (most if not all) Intel boards and has been for several years. - A little outsourcing fact Intel would like to keep hidden from the public.
        it ain't now

keep us posted KC8

cheers
        cheers
        You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you may be swept off to." Bilbo Baggins ...

Comment

Originally posted by kc8adu
          cool!
          i may have 2 of these little desktop blast furnaces coming in as donations.
          i will do one up in your parts and the other in one of the polymers i have.
          I am ready in anytime, just shoot me a PM if you need?
          My SAMXON Capacitors Database HERE!!

X-CON is a new brand for SAMXON's Polymer Capacitors.

Comment

Working...
          X