Nichicon HM/HN/HZ scheduled for discontinuation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nichicon HM/HN/HZ scheduled for discontinuation

They look pretty genuine to me as well. I couldn't read the datecodes, though. Are they with very recent datecodes? If so, that is indeed a bit concerning. But perhaps they could also be a custom order??

I guess, use them at your own discretion. If it is for repair of personal electronics (or ones where a disruption in service will not be critical should these caps turn to be fake and fail), then you can give them a try and see what happens. If they really are fakes, then whoever made them looks like they put a pretty good amount of effort into them. So even if they are fake, then I doubt they would be that terrible.
    Last edited by momaka; 08-09-2016, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
      If they really are fakes, then whoever made them looks like they put a pretty good amount of effort into them. So even if they are fake, then I doubt they would be that terrible.
      Not nessarily. I could see them putting $1000 into making them look legit and less than $0.01 into making them actually work well.
      sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

Many of the datecode s are 15xx or 16xx, and why I have confidence is that I saw the shop appeared to be well managed with other surely legimate products and witnessed staff restocked some other Nichicon caps from what looked like a logoed bag.

(I was traveling in Tokyo)

Comment

And size for several capacitances are correct

Comment

Working...
          X