Memory trouble?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memory trouble?

It seems on most all of the Epox boards I have, that once random BSODs start, and I RMAed the boards the first time, most of the boards still did not work when they came back. I ended up RMAing 3x crucial DIMMs to fix the problems on a couple of boards. Now that I'm replacing the caps myself, I only replaced 5 on this first boards, the only one that was showing random crashes (only in 3D games), but it seems it still crashes now and then. I wonder if a stick of memory flaked out because of the caps, or if some of the other non-buldging caps are still suspect.

Crashing only in 3D games can be a power supply problem and/or if overclocking the processor, not a high enough Vcore value or you overclocked the processor too much.
    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

You did not say whether you tested the dimms before you returned them. Anyway, for the future i would recommend the following free utilities to test sticks of Ram. Test them on a good board though because bad power to the ram would show up as memory errors anyway. I use them all the time before i install the OS on a new PC.

http://www.simmtester.com/
      http://www.memtest86.com/

whether bad caps could permanently damage ram (with the exception of shorts and fires), i would like to know also.
      capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

Working...
      X