Good Cap Boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Cap Boards

Is it safe to assume that new boards will use good caps?

If you have purchased a board that has known good caps please feel free to list them here ..... (I am looking for a VP6 replacement )

I would replace the VP6 with a recapped VP6 if you're not planning to upgrade. A recapped VP6 with quality caps will last well beyond its useful lifetime.

I have seen a few boards flaky out of the box because of bad caps. Usually boards with earlier Jackcon, Teyah, Gloria, and Lelon caps. (VP6's, KA7's, KT7's MSI 694D's, Shuttle FV24's and FV25's, ETC)... It seems many of the other brads took a little time to deteriorate.
    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

Comment

My VP6 has been flaky for ages, although I only found this site and what I guess is the real problems a couple of days ago.

I use to have to drop the case onto it's side from a couple of inches to get power to the mobo :o

It ran fine (only a couple of freezes) over 12 months since the last rebuild then after a period of 7 days where the computer was unplugged I came back to find it freezing at least every hour, if not during boot up (W2KAS).

I figured that it was a HDD problem so I replace the smaller RAID 0 array with a big new one. Finished loading software and guess what .... yep another freeze at least every hour (now running WXPP).

So 2 OS's and different hardware pointed me to the mobo and some kind (or evil) sole pointed me here

I am in Sydney Australia, do you know of any places here that could help me. I have started searching but with no luck yet.

Cheers.

Comment

if you can solder you might just order a cap kit from tc
        the cost of shipping the board here and back would likely exceed its value.
        bet a recap would fix the problems you describe.

Comment

Opened the VP6 case the other day and looked at all the caps. They are black with white writing, but I was not able to get close enough to read.

As there is no discharge and no bulging on any of the caps, I can only assume that they are faulty and are not doing their job properly.

Recently I installed XP pro and on the odd occasion I actually get a BSOD it tells me that XP is shutting down (ha) to avoid hardware damage ! Most of the time it just freezes.

I have decided to bite the bullet and upgrade. Looking at a ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe. No point in doing things by half. Has anyone heard of bad caps on this mobo ???

Comment

Working...
          X