Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: memory test fail -bad capacitor

Originally posted by Sparkey55 View Post
    Is the 512 mb stick DDR or something else. If single sided could be High Density ram.
    All r ddr memory .its double sided total 16 chip

Comment

Originally posted by lexwalker View Post
      Not familiar with Yageo, but G-Luxon and CapXon are really bad choices as they are infamous for badcap problems. For your information, Teapo and G-Luxon are practically the same company.
      Yaego are re-sleeved Teapo
      I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

So does the 512 mb double sided stick work in this board and show no errors in memtest?

Comment

I have 3 double sided 512mb memory only one have problem..the same have no problem on other motherboards also i tried cleaning the contact with screwdrive in memory slots stil no luck .the error is same in all memtest 23 errors thn system halt.wen changing slot memtest shows 11 errors
          Last edited by srt1; 08-19-2013, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Just so we can reduce the questions could you post some pics of the memory that work and do not work with that board?

Comment

Originally posted by srt1 View Post
              I have 3 double sided 512mb memory only one have problem..the same have no problem on other motherboards also i tried cleaning the contact with screwdrive in memory slots stil no luck .the error is same in all memtest 23 errors thn system halt.wen changing slot memtest shows 11 errors
              Who ever suggested for you to clean the memory slots with a screwdriver is a complete idiot, do not listen to that person. It is possible that there is a bios update by Compaq for that board that may fix the memory problems usually caused by incompatable ram from manufacturers. You will have to search Compaq for it.

Comment

Just so we can reduce the questions could you post some pics of the memory that work and do not work with that board?
                here the image of 2 256mb ram and 3 512mb ram.. in these top most is not working and bottom are working.. the 512mb eram brand is single sided (sory for my mistake ) its also perfectly working
                http://s10.postimg.org/g04m8pwm1/201...3_00_57_98.jpg
                http://s23.postimg.org/8rt119zx7/201..._00_33_404.jpg

Comment

That board is described as working with a maximum speed of PC2100 DDR memory. This could be the source of your problem. Look for the manual from Compaq.

Comment

Also realise that Compaq instructs the OEM to cripple the board as far as supported features.

Comment

That board is described as working with a maximum speed of PC2100 DDR memory. This could be the source of your problem. Look for the manual from Compaq.
                      yes i checked. pc2100 means 266mhz ?
                      if i set speed in bios manualy 200mhz it should work? my all ram are 400mhz

Comment

Do you have any DDR memory rated for less than 400mhz speed you could try in that board?

Comment

Compaq HP are known for memory speed incompatibilies on there boards.

Comment

Do you have any DDR memory rated for less than 400mhz speed you could try in that board?
                            i dont have less than ddr400

Comment

any way thanks for all informations.now i belive its not cap issue.

Comment

If we assume that you do not have a replacement cap problem right now, your best bet would be to flash the bios chip with update from Compaq using a stick of memory that has no problems throwing errors.

Comment

i noticed ther is continues beep sound from speaker .but its very low volume, need close ears on speaker. even if memory have no errors the beep sound is stil there.beep starting when bios display showing on screen.if i remove all ram and motherboard power on but ther is no beep sound. what could be the reason is it bios corrupted?

Comment

Are you using onboard vga or addon graphics card? If onboard vga make shure that you are using the DDR 0 slot and not the DDR 1 slot because onboard video shares memory with the first slot. Yes u could have corrupt bios. Could even try to reflash with same bios version.

Comment

It is 3:30am here. Time for me to go sleep. Good luck.

Comment

Are you using onboard vga or addon graphics card? If onboard vga make shure that you are using the DDR 0 slot and not the DDR 1 slot because onboard video shares memory with the first slot. Yes u could have corrupt bios. Could even try to reflash with same bios version.
                                        Yes am using onboard vga. And also i tried ram in both slot stil have continues beep sound.

Comment

Originally posted by c_hegge View Post
                                          Yaego are re-sleeved Teapo
                                          Whoah, good to know such information. I have not come across any Yageo capacitors yet..

Who ever suggested for you to clean the memory slots with a screwdriver is a complete idiot, do not listen to that person. It is possible that there is a bios update by Compaq for that board that may fix the memory problems usually caused by incompatable ram from manufacturers. You will have to search Compaq for it.
                                          Have done that many times already, especially on boards that came in choked with dust plus have sticky dirt and oxidized connectors. The symptoms would be beeping and/or no display plus randomly will boot up when re-seat the memory again. Even a slight knock and flex of the board when plugging on other hardware such as another memory module and/or graphic card, the machine would then refuse to boot up and starts beeping and/or no display. When test the memory modules on my test board, they were fine. Some of those stuff are stubborn and cannot get rid with contact cleaner or isopropyl alcohol, thus often I would scrape the pins (especially the ones protruding on the side of the DIMM slot) until they are shiny. And I can tell you that it works very well 100% all the time.

Originally posted by srt1 View Post
                                          If the board supports up to PC2100 memory, then its likely the board is too old and will not support newer higher capacity memory modules correctly.

Comment

Working...
                                          X