Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beware next generation Chinese fake Sanyo WG!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beware next generation Chinese fake Sanyo WG!

A few days ago I got to fix office PC... with no value and Lelon craps. I was use some older capacitors from my own stocks and buy extreamly cheap capacitors on eBay.

Nippon KZJ (5x 1500uF/6.3V d8): http://www.ebay.com/itm/150794452255...84.m1439.l2649
    Nippon KZG (10x 3300/uF/6.3V d10): http://www.ebay.com/itm/161008568298...84.m1439.l2649
    Sanyo WG (10x 2200/6.3V d10): http://www.ebay.com/itm/10Pcs-SANYO-...-/160878388372
    Nippon (10x 1000uF/6.3V d8): http://www.ebay.com/itm/150884877068...84.m1439.l2649
    Total price including shipping: $7.7 + $10 one hour my work (at first sight it looks awesome)
    Item specifics
    Condition: New: A brand-new, unused, unopened, undamaged item in its original packaging (where packaging is applicable). Packaging should be the same as what is found in a retail store, unless the item is handmade or was packaged by the manufacturer in non-retail packaging, such as an unprinted box or plastic bag.
    Chemicon has arrived used (but only two is bad, others are in perfect condition) and 10 "brand new genuine" Sanyo WG. I measured it... 90 mΩ.

My communication with seller:
    Me: "It's not genuine Sanyo WG Series capacitor. Original Sanyo have different vent and gold color marking."

Seller's message:
    "I am regret to hear about this,i think you make a mistake,it is no all the Sanyo have gold marking,they are not packing the same package all the way by the factory,you can check it again and more clearly,and i many buyers purchased these items from me without any problem,i am a honest seller,and if the capacitors have any quality problem problem,i will issue you full refund. Please feel free to contact me if you have any problem. Sincerly yours"
    Attached Files
    Honny & -HoNY- not brothers, but friends who lives in same town

Re: Beware next generation Chinese fake Sanyo WG!

there are also nichicon fakes with those same colors.
    good job making all aware of these crooks!
    as fakes go those are lousy.what isnt wrong?

Comment

And you bought USED capacitors? Tsk tsk tsk, not a good idea!

To be straight to the point, that is what you get for buying capacitors from china on ebay! :P
      Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

UCC/NCC KZG and KZJ series are not esteemed here on BadCaps for long life and reliability. Nor is e-bay highly regarded here as a reliable source for genuine parts. OTOH, I don't know how good your available resources might be.
        PeteS in CA

Power Supplies should be boring: No loud noises, no bright flashes, and no bad smells.
        To kill personal responsibility, initiative or success, punish it by taxing it. To encourage irresponsibility, improvidence, dependence and failure, reward it by subsidizing it.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteS in CA View Post
          UCC/NCC KZG and KZJ series are not esteemed here on BadCaps for long life and reliability. Nor is e-bay highly regarded here as a reliable source for genuine parts. OTOH, I don't know how good your available resources might be.
          I see.

Originally posted by ben7 View Post
          And you bought USED capacitors? Tsk tsk tsk, not a good idea!

To be straight to the point, that is what you get for buying capacitors from china on ebay! :P
          I was deceived. :-( Seller offered "brand new, never used, original..." capacitors.

Do you know about cheaper option how to fix it 10 year old motherboard AOpen AK77-333? There were two options:
          a) trash
          b) gamble with Chinese seller and extremely cheap capacitors

It's not joke, AOpen says: "Lelon is kind of quality brand"

Everything is better than Lelon. All of used capacitors (proclaimed as brand
          new) have between 18-25 mΩ ESR. Only two were defective (plus 10 fakes).

After recap photos:

Last edited by -HoNY-; 09-05-2013, 01:49 PM.

Comment

This forum has an "attachment" feature... put the pictures there so we can actually see them and be preserved in case those external sites drop them at some point.

Attached Files

Comment

That is one special eBay seller.

https://www.badcaps.net/store/

Comment

Which is the brand / model & test frequency of this old meter ?

Comment

Man I love ebay for caps.. Almost certain to get some fake ones.. Theres a few good sellers I use. Anybody else I expect to get fakes.. I have a few of those Sanyos laying around..

Edit: Do we have a thread for ebay sellers? Bad or good? That "esold" guy is almost certainly 100% fakes..

These are same seller here..

Please note this seller is definately selling counterfeit capacitors.. Under the ebay usernames: Esold200 \ Drqueen2012

Do we have any other usernames for this seller?
                  Last edited by Yatti420; 09-05-2013, 05:18 PM.

Comment

They put a Rubycon vent on a fake Sanyo; do these guys even look at the capacitors they fake? It sounds like someone described the Sanyo over the phone: "it's got a kind of K-shaped vent, the casing is green with gold print, it has some diagonal lines on one strip..."
                    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
                    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

I wonder where these fakes are manufactured? And do even the sellers know that they are selling fakes, since they must buy them from somewhere too...

Comment

why bother with ebay when you can get caps from the badcaps store and
                        1.support this site
                        2.be sure you will get genuine parts!

Comment

Agreed. There's no reason to take chances with unknown fleabay sellers.
                          I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by kc8adu View Post
                            why bother with ebay when you can get caps from the badcaps store and
                            1.support this site
                            2.be sure you will get genuine parts!

Total value of computer with AMD Athlon XP 2000+, AOpen AK77-333, 384 MB DDR333, 20 GB HDD, CD Burner, 250W FSP is less then $30. Profitability is the most important thing!

For more expensive motherboards I use Rubycons and Chemi-con from local resellers (Distrelec, Farnell, Ecom...). And I agree - buying capacitors from Chinese eBay is gamble.

Originally posted by Kiriakos GR View Post
                            Which is the brand / model & test frequency of this old meter ?
                            Tesla BM 591.

Originally posted by mariushm View Post
                            This forum has an "attachment" feature... put the pictures there so we can actually see them and be preserved in case those external sites drop them at some point.
                            There is limit for new members... I'm new member since Jun 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by -HoNY- View Post
                              Profitability is the most important thing!
                              I'd hardly say there's a huge difference in the price, and if it costs 8 dollars more to get them from a reliable source and know you'll get genuine parts then it's worth it. If the caps you put in are just going to fail 2 years down the line, then what's the point of repairing it? To me that's not taking pride in your work.

Comment

The difference was $28. If it were me, they board would have gone straight in the garbage. I can't even give Socket A gear away, let alone make any sort of profit.

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by c_hegge View Post
                                  The difference was $28.
                                  Ah yes, I see now. The table was a bit confusing the way it was laid out, especially since the quantity was formatted for currency. Mind you, I don't think comparing KZG and KZJ against HZ and HN was a fair test; the real question is how long do you want the repair to last?

Comment

On a board that old, who cares how long it lasts? It's already overdue for retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by Krendoshazin View Post
                                      the real question is how long do you want the repair to last?
                                      One year? That's more than enough time to convince owner of this junk to buy new computer.
                                      Last edited by -HoNY-; 09-06-2013, 03:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by -HoNY- View Post
                                        One year? That's more than enough time to convince owner of this junk to buy new computer.
                                        You mentioned profit, and so I'll assume that you're charging the owner for these repairs. If you're knowingly charging people to make junk repairs that only last a year, then that to me is deceitful.

Comment

Working...
                                        X