Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beware next generation Chinese fake Sanyo WG!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Beware next generation Chinese fake Sanyo WG!

Originally posted by Krendoshazin View Post
    You mentioned profit, and so I'll assume that you're charging the owner for these repairs. If you're knowingly charging people to make junk repairs that only last a year, then that to me is deceitful.
    In 99% of cases I am building a new computers. This customer has been persistent - he wanted extremely cheap repair. I warned him of the risks.
    Honny & -HoNY- not brothers, but friends who lives in same town

Comment

Qft!
      Originally posted by c_hegge View Post
      the difference was $28. If it were me, they board would have gone straight in the garbage. I can't even give socket a gear away, let alone make any sort of profit.

Comment

Originally posted by Yatti420 View Post
        Edit: Do we have a thread for ebay sellers? Bad or good?
        I don't think so, but this is probably pointless anyways since there are way WAY too many sellers on eBay that sell fake caps.

Generally speaking, if I see a big brand name coming from China and/or Honk Kong, I assume it's fake. If it's from the USA and is new and the seller seems to sell other cheap junk, I would be inclined to think his products are fake too.

All in all, I avoid eBay, unless I absolutely can't. On one occasion, I couldn't find an RT9203 IC for a reasonable place anywhere else except for eBay. Decided to buy one and it worked fine. Since the RT9203 is a PWM IC, and not any type of MOSFET or BJT, I din't really care who made it and how genuine it is. Now for transistors - I'd advise against buying those on eBay as well.

Originally posted by c_hegge
        I can't even give Socket A gear away
        If I lived closer, you wouldn't have that problem.
        Also, in Easter Europe, P4s and Athlon XP PCs are still worth something.
        Last edited by momaka; 09-07-2013, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
          All in all, I avoid eBay, unless I absolutely can't. On one occasion, I couldn't find an RT9203 IC for a reasonable place anywhere else except for eBay. Decided to buy one and it worked fine. Since the RT9203 is a PWM IC, and not any type of MOSFET or BJT, I din't really care who made it and how genuine it is. Now for transistors - I'd advise against buying those on eBay as well.
          eBay is perfect for gadgets - like Arduino, 2 lines LCD, micro SIM cutter...

It's almost four years since I last servicing Athlon XP. Some people are too nostalgic - they says "it's fast just enough". They are freaks - their computers are Schrödinger's cat.
          Last edited by -HoNY-; 09-09-2013, 02:05 PM.
          Honny & -HoNY- not brothers, but friends who lives in same town

Comment

Originally posted by -HoNY- View Post
            eBay is perfect for gadgets - like Arduino, 2 lines LCD, micro SIM cutter...
            For those type of stuff, YES. But for name brand electronics, it is bad.

I bought one of those cheap digital type K temperature meters (TM-902) for $5 shipped. Works great. My friend has many of them and he has been using them for years without any problems.

Originally posted by -HoNY- View Post
            They are freaks - their computers are Schrödinger's cat. :noobery:
            But Schrödinger's cat is not dead!

Comment

But Schrödinger's cat is not dead!
              *checks*

Yes, it is.

Comment

Digi-Key and Mouser and Newark are just as low cost as ebay, and are all Authorized Distributors for 3 or all 4 of the great 4 Japanese brands (Rubycon, Chemi-con, Panasonic, Nichicon) so why anyone would use a different source or a different brand is beyond my comprehension.

All three of these firms ship internationally as well!
                Last edited by theOracle; 09-20-2013, 04:24 PM.

the BIG 4

~~~ the top tier of low-ESR electrolytic capacitors ~~~

Comment

The general rule here is that it has to be capable of running 7 (ie. Core 2 with 2GB RAM). If it can't do that, no one wants it. You can get ~$200+ for a C2D machine here, but as soon as it can't comfortably run the latest OS, the value pretty much goes right down to 0.
                  I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by theOracle View Post
                    Digi-Key and Mouser and Newark are just as low cost as ebay, and are all Authorized Distributors for 3 or all 4 of the great 4 Japanese brands (Rubycon, Chemi-con, Panasonic, Nichicon) so why anyone would use a different source or a different brand is beyond my comprehension.

I don't agree - ebay stuff can be cheap but legit NOS, or fakes. There are SOME legit sellers though, but they are hard to pick out on first glance.

Example:
                    Nichicon HE from Mouser (20 pcs = $8.80, minus s&h)
                    Nichicon HE from Ebay (20 pcs = $4.99, including s&h)
                    (Both listings are for 330uF 25V)
                    Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

capacitors and transistors are so commonly counterfeit on ebay that it is just not worth the risk, especially when I can buy the finest 10uF 50V low-ESR radial aluminum capacitors in the world (Chemi-con KZE) at Digi-Key for 14 cents each including shipping!

the BIG 4

Comment

Digikey's international shipping rate to Thailand starts at 40 USD.
                        (and 30 for France, 60 for Poland, for example).

More or less the same for Mouser and Newark the last time I tried.
                        Last edited by dyenamix; 09-26-2013, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dyenamix View Post
                          Digikey's international shipping rate to Thailand starts at 40 USD.
                          (30 for France, 60 for Poland, for example).
                          The only other safe choice you have for avoiding counterfeits in countries outside of USA where Digi-Key and other large distributors may charge high international shipping, is to go to one of the four premium capacitor manufacturer's (Rubycon, Chemi-con, Panasonic, Nichicon) website and find the authorized distributor for your country. - any other source is just asking for counterfeit caps!

the BIG 4

Comment

The only other safe choice you have for avoiding counterfeits in countries outside of USA where Digi-Key and other large distributors may charge high international shipping, is to go to one of the four premium capacitor manufacturer's (Rubycon, Chemi-con, Panasonic, Nichicon) website and find the authorized distributor for your country. - any other source is just asking for counterfeit caps!
                            Or use suitable replacements that are not from the top 4 (Rubycon, Chemi-con, Panasonic, Nichicon) but are just as good and a lot easier to get from https://www.badcaps.net/store/

Comment

You don't need $10 a once high grade extra virgin olive oil to fry a hamburger but you do need to make sure you don't use $2 a quart 10-30 crank case oil.

Comment

NO caps are in the league of Rubycon, Chemi-con, Panasonic, & Nichicon

some of the Suncon (aka Sanyo) WG series are in that league, as were Marcon (Toshiba) before they were bought by Chemi-con

I don't care what they are selling in the "store", doesn't change what are and what are not the world's most reliable capacitors, used by companies worldwide and either a smart or dumb decision depending on their choices!

Capacitors are incredibly important, from a product performance and reliability standpoint, the mere fact that you are on this forum means you should really know better!

Great caps are far too inexpensive to use anything else!

the BIG 4

Comment

NO caps are in the league of Rubycon, Chemi-con, Panasonic, & Nichicon

some of the Suncon (aka Sanyo) WG series are in that league, as were Marcon (Toshiba) before they were bought by Chemi-con

I don't care what they are selling in the "store", doesn't change what are and what are not the world's most reliable capacitors, used by companies worldwide and either a smart or dumb decision depending on their choices!

Capacitors are incredibly important, from a product performance and reliability standpoint, the mere fact that you are on this forum means you should really know better!

Great caps are far too inexpensive to use anything else!
                                  Not every device needs a "Great Cap" A "Good Reliable CAP" will do the job just fine and save some $. "Shit Caps" Normally the cheapest are not good in any device. You don't have to use Rubycon, Chemi-con, Panasonic, or Nichicon to get a good reliable repair and if you do a lot of repairs yes it can get more expensive.

I have used a lot of Samxon and found them to be as good if not better than Chemi-Con and Nichicon when it comes to higher heat issues.

Comment

Oh good grief, when I recap something, I charge $250 or more to recap something easy, and the handful of caps I use might range from 10 to 50 cents each in bulk (1000 pc), so parts cost is not even $5

I couldn't sleep at night if I used anything besides the best!

You are welcome to cheap out and give your customers Chinese caps, but that's not what my customers pay me the big bucks for, and not the way I do business!

People depend on my repairs for life saving medical equipment, auto racing, and NASA missions, and the last thing they need is equipment failure because I tried to coax an extra $2 in profit from the repair!

the BIG 4

Comment

Half a year ago I also bought Rubycons from Esold200 and got fake ones. When I complained he sent me new caps that were fake UCC:s.
                                      I also bought a set of assorted Rubycons from the seller electronics-salon that were genuine as far as I could tell.

Comment

I charge $250 or more to recap something easy
                                        ...you mean $25, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Paddan1000 View Post
                                          Half a year ago I also bought Rubycons from Esold200 and got fake ones. When I complained he sent me new caps that were fake UCC:s.
                                          I also bought a set of assorted Rubycons from the seller electronics-salon that were genuine as far as I could tell.
                                          This is why I always recommend you buy from a trusted source like the badcaps.net store or the manufacturer's authorized distributors such as Digi-Key, Mouser, or Newark - you can find a complete list of the authorized distributors at each capacitor manufacturer's website!

the deals on ebay, amazon, etc. just aren't that good to risk fake caps! - I am not sure that free would be a good enough deal to risk it, caps are just not that expensive!
                                          Last edited by theOracle; 10-14-2013, 03:04 PM.

the BIG 4

Comment

Working...
                                          X