Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: These Rubies genuine?

Originally posted by Behemot View Post
    I say obsolete cause surely the PX series is so old it will get replaced sooner rather than later with newer one. Even general purpose series evolve over time, I have lot of these older caps digged from one or two decades old stuff caps so I can compare.
    I only have a couple values in PX, as I couldn't find their size in anything else.

What's the manufacturing date of those 3300uF HZ you have there?
    1307......so 7th week of 2013.
    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

Comment

Originally posted by c_hegge View Post
      I'm also fairly certain that there is a variant of the ZL (either ZLH or ZLJ) series with 3300uF 6.3V and 2200uF 16V in 10mm dia (possibly a custom size). Those would be excellent, as Panny FK is about the only series with those sizes.
      Back when Newark was reorganizing their system and delisted Panasonic FK from their North American sites, I was looking for another source and found those 6.3V 3300uF 10MM Rubycons at Digikey... They are ZLJ IIRC, have slightly better spec than their FK equivalent, and should be in stock.

FK is still the only official non-custom cap available in 10mm at 16V 2200uF. For 16V 3300uF, we're still pretty much stuck with the 16V 3300uF 10mm Samxon RS, but custom sized 10mm of these made by UCC have been spotted as well.

16V(?) 4700uF caps in 10mm made appearances at the end of the Prescott era (Namely by Teapo and Fuhjyyu), but they were examined and found to really be 3300uF caps. So far, I've seen them in the infamous Antec SP series and more recently in old SFX FSP/Sparkle PSUs.
      "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Originally posted by mockingbird
        16V(?) 4700uF caps in 10mm made appearances at the end of the Prescott era (Namely by Teapo and Fuhjyyu), but they were examined and found to really be 3300uF caps. So far, I've seen them in the infamous Antec SP series and more recently in old SFX FSP/Sparkle PSUs.
        Guess I shouldn't be taken aback, but does that mean that Teapo fake the microfarad ratings of non standard sizes when it comes to their capacitors, or could it just have been a failed capacitor all the same (or a fake Teapo)?

Comment

c_hegge: you are wrong. NCC makes KYA and KYB in 3300 uF/6,3, we already discussed that. I will have samples of those KYA - soon. Than you can get KZM and KZH in 1000 uF/16 V - I am able to get those for good price, way better than Mouser etc. I also have 800 pcs of KYA 1500 uF/16 V, 1000 uF/25 V and 820 uF/35 V in D10x20 mm (for displays, TVs, set-top boxes, satellite receivers, power bricks etc.) being produced right now with delivery by the end of april.
          I forgot about NCC. The trouble is, though, non of the local distributors (Element14, RS) have them, so FK is the only series I can get my hands on that has those sizes.

I say obsolete cause surely the PX series is so old it will get replaced sooner rather than later with newer one. Even general purpose series evolve over time, I have lot of these older caps digged from one or two decades old stuff caps so I can compare.
          Disagreed. It's not obsolete if it's still available. Ruby PX are still available for all of the major distributors. I never use them, though, as PSUs can kill them, like they eventually do with any other GP cap.
          Last edited by c_hegge; 03-17-2014, 02:12 PM.
          I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
            1307......so 7th week of 2013.
            Definitelly better that 2006 for sure…we can barter some for PSU grade caps.
            I forgot about NCC. The trouble is, though, non of the local distributors (Element14, RS) have them, so FK is the only series I can get my hands on that has those sizes.
            I have no problem getting 3300uF/6,3V KYA or KYB and I intend to anyway, just that priority was to get D10x20 mm caps for displays as I am doing loads of displays lately. May help my cash-flow if you'd take some. How many would you like? Minimum order would be something between 500 and 800 pcs with closer to 4 months manufacturing time.
            Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
            Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Depends on pricing. Probably no more than $40-50 (AUD) worth.

As much as I like Panny as they are about as close to indestructible as electrolytics get, It is annoying that the FKs are $3 each in those sizes. If NCC or Ruby can come up with a reliable alternative that doesn't cost so much, then I'd certainly consider them.

EDIT: Looks like Panny FR have 3300 6.3v in 10mm dia too now - and for a bit cheaper (http://australia.rs-online.com/web/p...tent-_-7660044)
              Last edited by c_hegge; 03-17-2014, 05:02 PM.

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Definitelly better that 2006 for sure…we can barter some for PSU grade caps.
                How many do you need? I dont' have a lot of them left......a corporate client zapped me for about 1500 of them last month, it didn't leave me much to spare, but I can spare a few.
                <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
                Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
                http://folding.stanford.edu/
                Team : 49813
                Join in!!
                Team Stats

Comment

Originally posted by Wester547 View Post
                  Guess I shouldn't be taken aback, but does that mean that Teapo fake the microfarad ratings of non standard sizes when it comes to their capacitors, or could it just have been a failed capacitor all the same (or a fake Teapo)?
                  I made a mistake... Aside from Fuhjyyu, it wasn't Teapo that may have faked the 4700uf 10mm cap, it was OST, specifically OST RLP series, 10V 4700uF 10x30mm with a manufacture date of May 2004. According to the spec sheet, a 10x30mm RLP cap should be 0.038 and 1815. The Fuhjyyu equivalent is slightly taller at 31.5mm. OST couldn't fit 4700uF in that size either I reckon. Would probably need 40mm or so of height to do that at 10mm width.
                  "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
                    How many do you need? I dont' have a lot of them left......a corporate client zapped me for about 1500 of them last month, it didn't leave me much to spare, but I can spare a few.
                    Would you have 100-200?
                    You in Sydney?
                    Last edited by Behemot; 03-18-2014, 02:19 AM.
                    Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Comment

^
                      Grafton (North Coast, NSW)

Comment

Just that I have a girlfriend in there, there's a possibility she may take it with her. Just that timing is against, if they won't be in stock (may, but let's prepare for worst-case scenario), it won't be ready in april when she's going to visit me. Next window is around christmas.

I'll phone the distributor right away.

Comment

Samxon sells RH 10 uF/400 V for 25c a piece with 4000 pcs MOQ, but they have 1000 pcs on stock and may send them separately…not that it's not quite a bunch of money anyway.

Comment

Samxon sells RH 10 uF/400 V for 25c a piece with 4000 pcs MOQ, but they have 1000 pcs on stock and may send them separately…not that it's not quite a bunch of money anyway.
                            Maybe you should do your buying and selling deals like the rest of have to do in the For Sale / For Trade or Looking To Buy section.

This has gone way off topic.
                            Last edited by brethin; 03-18-2014, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Yeah like I am buying from anybody here.

I guess I am (together with Joe) the only one here who ever did some serious business with Man Yue, you may very well just look and learn something about their policies…

Comment

Last I heard Man Yue was unwilling to produce Ultra Low ESR electrolytics, even for large orders... Probably because they bought the electrolyte from someone else and can't get it anymore. Can you confirm this Behemot?

Comment

I've asked and been told ultra-low ESR caps are discontinued, no more info.

Comment

Can sell you EKZH160ELL102MH20D for something like 0.30 AUD (depends on the exchange) a piece, delivery in aprox. 16-18 weeks (airmail).

Comment

You can buy them from lots of places now, and at less than 20 cents a piece in quantity.

http://www.ttiinc.com/page/search_ad...me=UCC&utm=704

0.162 for 1000, 0.155 for 2000

others: http://www.findchips.com/search/EKZH160ELL102MH20D

Comment

I'll also have quantity discount so for 100+ pcs it would be lower than 30c. You also forgot that - if I am not mistaken - none of those companies is in AU so c_hegge would have to pay tens of dollars/euros for courier. None of them uses cheaper airmail. Last but not least, AUD is less than USD so it is also more.

Next month I will also have KYA 1500 uF/16 V, 1000 uF/25 V and 680 uF/35 V in D10x20 which are nowhere else, plus RS 3300 uF/16 V - same. All of those can be bought together with those KZH driving shipping costs futher down.

Comment

You also forgot that - if I am not mistaken - none of those companies is in AU so c_hegge would have to pay tens of dollars/euros for courier

So what? I assumed you want c_hegge to buy them for you, in which case he still has to mail them to you so in the end it's just as expensive.

Keep in mind for large orders, lots of companies do free shipping. Digikey I believe does free shipping from 60$ and up (or was it $200 .. I'm not sure), Mouser has a similar scheme... shipping is not a problem if you spend $500+ on components.

Last time I bought from Digikey (a bit more than a year ago, I now use Farnell and RSOnline mostly) I got free shipping for a 250$ order. I paid 24% vat and about 2-3% flat customs fee (which is done on orders above 150 euro in my country).

Farnell charges 5 euro for shipping to me, no matter the quantity. I'd buy from Farnell and reship stuff to you, but in the end with my country's 24% vat you'd probably pay more than the straight shipping costs.
                                          Last edited by mariushm; 03-19-2014, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X