Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

47PFL5028K/12 Philips TV with DVBS2 tuner issue

Greetings all , I introduce my problem.

My wonderful 47PFL5028K/12 Philips TV (with a DVBS2 tuner) had this odd beahviour, in menu the Satellite options disappeared , I reflashed , upgraded etc. with no luck.
    I used the DVBS2 tuner for years with a CI card for a czech provider, so I didnt dreamed about the satellite functionality.
    My thinking , before opening it, since is my main TV is that could be an hardware failure e.g. DVBS tuner and the software automagically remove the satellite entries not releving it.
    Anyone knows something about it?

Best Regards

Re: 47PFL5028K/12 Philips TV with DVBS2 tuner issue

Greetings all,
    i would like to explain better my problem, maybe first post was a bit confusing.

I dont use satellite frequently and one day I have seen the option in menu was no more present.
    I supposed was a software problem but reflashing several times did the same .
    My question is, its possible that a faulty satellite tuner (so an hardware porblem) make the software remove the satellite option in menu?
    This is the odd thing to me, I supposed the satellite option still will be in menu but it doesnt works.

I attach 2 screenshot of the menu with missing satellite option.

Thank you in advance.
    Attached Files

Comment

Check the option numbers. Press 123654 on the remote to open the CSM, compare the numbers with the numbers you can find on the label on the rear.

Comment

Thank you very much for your reply, I checked both Option 1 and 2 codes and they are identical to the the back label.
        I begin to think it is an hardware failure, maybe the tuner is gone or the power supply has not enough juice to feed also the LNB.
        I don't understand how the software can exclude some part of menu if it recognize an hardware failure.

Thank you

Comment

Working...
        X