e701i-a3 no picture but backlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: e701i-a3 no picture but backlights

FYI I tried the tape thing with no luck as I was going about blindly anyway. But the fix for this 70" was exactly the same for the D650i-B2.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=81665

Comment

the "tape thing" doesn't work if there are side tabs which the set has. Good that you found them and "saved" the set.

Comment

Wasn't clear if it had side tabs or not, now we ARE.

Comment

I have a 701i - a3 with same symptoms picture with no sound and back light comes on. I have 480 ohms on transistor on one leg + 1.7 on the other. Is that functional? When I check the power I have no electricity on the silver capacitor no readings on the other inductors except for 100 which gives me 12.3. The transistor also gives me no electricity reading. So it ohms good but no volts. What could be the issue?

Comment

Thanks to all for creating this informative site. I've read through most all of it and a little confused about checking the lcd panel from the tconn diode. I have a reading of 9.6 ohms with bed both ribbons connected. Is that telling me I have a good LCD panel because my transistor is certainly questionable has no reading on bolts DC?

Comment

Removed bottom left ribbon cable to drivers and this is what I have. Anyone know if this is a bad left side driver? Haven't tried other side but can you tell by the picture? Dark pic in middle and I'm not sure if panel is bad.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by jtcurtis; 01-11-2020, 08:40 PM.

Comment

I was given a tv with this same problem. I replaced the tcon board and disconnected the ribbon cable connecting the driver board on the right(from the front) side. My results are attached. Going to attemp to remove the right driver tabs. I'll share my results for any still facing the problem.
                Attached Files

Comment

Can't tell from the pictures, what is your result one half good picture and other half distorted or horizontal lines running thru it? and you tried unplugging both ribbon cables from tcon to panel one at a time right? (always with tv unplugged from power) when unhooking cables.
                  Last edited by nomoresonys; 03-20-2020, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                    Can't tell from the pictures, what is your result one half good picture and other half distorted or horizontal lines running thru it? and you tried unplugging both ribbon cables from tcon to panel one at a time right? (always with tv unplugged from power) when unhooking cables.
                    Yes. Sorry for the bad pics. Removed the right side driver tabs, but part of it didn't come off cleanly. I'm slowly cleaning the residue off. Currently there is a section in the middle with some short horizontal colored lines,

Comment

I have performed same fix and picture came back. I watched tv for about 2 months and yesterday on the bottom of the screen thin horizontal line appeared. See photos. Line does change colors every once in a while. When i was removing tabls I removed completely board and ribbon cable tabs and they came off nice and clean. I am not sure what is happening with this line now. Is maybe place where i cut off ribbons shorted between those microwires? Is there board on other side of screen and what would taking off of those boards do (opposite side of screen)?

After doing fix suggested here tv was good but once i an a while i would notice tiny picture flicker but noone else noticed it. Anyone has any suggestions ? Thanks
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by gavric; 04-02-2020, 07:44 AM.

Comment

the "fix" that you likely performed is to fix the card.... but the reason the card (component on the card) blew was because of the issue with the panel which the line on the panel shows. This will eventually take out the card component again. You need to remove the tabs on the bad side also for the tv to be completely saved.

Comment

Originally posted by gavric View Post
                          I have performed same fix and picture came back. I watched tv for about 2 months and yesterday on the bottom of the screen thin horizontal line appeared. See photos. Line does change colors every once in a while. When i was removing tabls I removed completely board and ribbon cable tabs and they came off nice and clean. I am not sure what is happening with this line now. Is maybe place where i cut off ribbons shorted between those microwires? Is there board on other side of screen and what would taking off of those boards do (opposite side of screen)?

After doing fix suggested here tv was good but once i an a while i would notice tiny picture flicker but noone else noticed it. Anyone has any suggestions ? Thanks
                          Not sure what you mean here BUT if you mean strip the tabs off BOTH sides of the tv THAT would trash it, you need them in tact on the good side whichever it is or the tv will not work.

Comment

Good afternoon!
                            E701i-A3E. Powers on. Has Backlights. No video. I pulled the T-con and tested the FET and it is shorted. I have 10 replacements. I replaced it. Powered on the TV. the V shows up and left side facing the screen is dark. Then back to the no picture dealio. Ok. Left side facing has issues. Removed the T-con and replaced the FET. I removed the left side tabs from the panel. Now I have the V, then the no signal, but it has lines in it. See attached pic. Need to check my tab removal or T-con has other issues?
                            Attached Files

Comment

ensure that your cables are properly aligned / seated.

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
                                ensure that your cables are properly aligned / seated.
                                Doh! Did that and now the picture is perfect (several little tiny little white spots though) except the the bottom of the. See attached pic. Looks like I didn't do the tabs clean enough?
                                Attached Files

Comment

could be .... without seeing what you actually have done, I have to take your word that you did as good a job as your "cable seating" was... :-) potentially some issue at the bottom corner of the panel on the side you removed. Did you leave the small corner cable in place on the side that you removed the tabs from?

Comment

Thank you for the quick responses! The small corner cable and the driver boards are removed from the left side (facing screen)of the tv. I take the bezel back off and look real close at the panel there.

Comment

:-( well double check the side area down in the lower part of the screen. Its a big tv and it can be tough to manipulate during your work so lots of things can go wrong.

Another test you can try to see if things improve.... at the bottom of the panel, each "half of the panel", has a pair of edge boards. They are connected together with "U" type ribbon cables which a "unclampable" much like the tcon to panel cables are. Unclamp the "U" cable and see what happens (of course, do cable manipulations in an unpowered state.

Comment

I am suppose to be getting a free E701i-A3 on monday. we will see... I read a majority of the posts, and the you tube video helped quite a bit. Once i pick it up I will order the transistors (RTR020N05TL)... 5 pcs from digikey for $9.10.

the owner sad they were watching it and one day while watching it went blank... and he believes it still had sound...

I just re did some LEDs on a E60-C3, so this one will be interesting... will be back once I have it and get pics

Comment

OKAY got the TV going to dig into it tomorrow and test some resistances on the TCON board.

SYMPTOMS- has back light, no image, 2 or 3 bright white spots at the bottom

I found these videos:

How to test Mosfet:
                                          https://youtu.be/yTnkOfwBGGE

How to tell you how to determine which side of the panel is bad:
                                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyCKoMi_5IA

How to remove the Ribbon:
                                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ0EzOuckyU

Comment

Working...
                                          X