Hunting camera repair - HC500M.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting camera repair - HC500M.

Hello, I came across a hunting camera HC500M with a number on the board - HC500M-3G-UC15-V2.6 20170808
    The problem is that didn't turn on. Attachment 1 and 2 are the board.
    First I want to ask if anyone has a schematic on this circuit board since I couldn't find it anywhere.
    When turning on the camera, there is no power on the two phases that I see on the board. There is power on the battery. On the board, there is two line key for turning on the camera, on one of the lines there is power on the other one NO. I manage to trace NO power line - she goes to BIOS chip and then to PIN 1,2,3 on this chip : VUNI TI 758 A683 /Attachment 3/.
    But I can't find information about it. Please if anyone can provide a schematic about this chip to post her here.
    There is power on this chip on PIN 10,11,12 - but no power out. I try to measure resistors and capacitors around the chip, everything seems to be OK.
    Or the signal that controls the chip is missing, or the chip is dead.

Please help me with the chip circuit or schematic of the board or if there are any other suggestions I'm ready to try them.
    Attached Files

Re: Hunting camera repair - HC500M.

The ic is a TI TLV62130ARGT You should have output voltage on pins 1,2,3. This will be a steped down voltage 3~5volts? Check if there is a short on the output, it could be that the output has a short shuting down the ic. If you are lucky it might be a shorted mlcc, if not it could be one of the large ic's.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by R_J; 04-01-2020, 09:35 AM.

Comment

So no output voltage on pins 1,2,3. No short on output. I check all mlcc - no short.
      From the datasheet that you provided, I see that pin 13 EN - must be High=enabled, but there is no signal on this pin./Attachment 1/. So my logic is that there is no Enable signal to start the IC. I try to follow the line, for this signal, and it goes to pin 7 on this MCU - STC15W401AS - 20pin /Attachment 2/. Datasheet /Attachment 3/.
      On this MCU I measure - ground on pin 10 is OK, and there is 6V on pin 8. But nothing on pin 7.
      I don't know what the purpose of this pin 7…???
      Attached Files

Comment

Pin 7 on that (20pin) ic is the ReSeT pin, A high on the pin will reset the microprocessor, so it should be low, but if that is the case, and it IS connected to the ENable of the regulator, the regulator would never turn on, and if it did go high it would reset the microprocessor?
        I would re-check that circuit.

Comment

So I recheck my measurements, but the result is the same.
          I remove IC TI TLV62130ARGT. I remove the processor and memory, but short is still there!!!
          Any other suggestions!
          Attached Files

Comment

Something must be shorted, are there any mlcc capacitors on that line? they like to short.

Comment

Working...
            X