Asus fx553vd keyboard, usb not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus fx553vd keyboard, usb not working

So laptop boots fine to windows but keyboard is not working... Tried with usb keyboard but nothing...even in bios. So it seems that all usb ports are not working and keyboard, and usb mouse .Hdmi and ssd working. Used bios dump i found but same...
    Any suggestion where to look?
    Oh, one other thing...when i inserted usb keyboard it did show those three lights but nothing...not working..

Re: Asus fx553vd keyboard, usb not working

Update...
    The touchpad is working so i was able to install a new copy of windows..
    In control panel i have error code 10 on usb xhci compliant controller driver..and thats the reason why keyboard and usb are not working.
    Also, when i try to restart laptop all is fine, but when i tried to shutt it down...it stays forever on black screen but not shutting down complete...
    Any advice?
    Last edited by myth77; 01-26-2020, 02:30 AM.

Comment

find schematic. check usb connectors for damaged pins

Comment

Originally posted by myth77 View Post
        Update...
        The touchpad is working so i was able to install a new copy of windows..
        In control panel i have error code 10 on usb xhci compliant controller driver..and thats the reason why keyboard and usb are not working.
        Also, when i try to restart laptop all is fine, but when i tried to shutt it down...it stays forever on black screen but not shutting down complete...
        Any advice?
        do you have any power on usb ports (seems so, he?)? check with usb volt/amp module. if yes, maybe data-line filters are corrupted but i think it's a/the hub controller/driver or maybe in the worst case the pch... usb 3.0/2.0?
        Last edited by rediii; 01-26-2020, 05:22 AM.

Comment

there are two usb 3 ports and one usb 2 port on daughter board.

i did some testing and found voltages....so when i put usb charger for mobile phone it will charge the phone but obviously no data communication....so i believe its either it8176fn embadded controler failure or pch failure.
          I tried to find short somewhere but there is none. So maybe drivers on it8176fn are corrupted but i dont know how to check? the main controller it8587 is programmed directly from bios, but what about it8176fn? any ideas?

I attached boardview, its the gl553vd v 2.0, just first flip it horizontaly
          Attached Files

Comment

check for shorts on datapins and check data pins filters for continuity

Comment

i have 5 volts reading on 5v pin. Resistance to gnd on all pins seems ok:

pin 1 +5V
              pin 2 USB PN1 30 R 1900 OHM
              pin 3 USB PP1 30 R 1900 OHM
              pin 4 GND
              pin 5 USB RXN1 R 800 OHM
              pin 6 USB RXP1 R 800 OHM
              pin 7 GND
              pin 8 USB TXN1 R
              pin 9 USB TXP1 R
              pin 10 GND
              pin 11 GND
              pin 12 GND
              pin 13 GND
              Last edited by myth77; 02-02-2020, 04:49 AM.

Comment

update...

When i press restart in windows its ok...but when i press shutdown in windows it will go to idle forever...and i have to force shut it down. Also when go to the idle the screen goes black and i can see this (_) in the screen in upper right corner blinking all time...
                I extracted the ite8587 and it8176fn ec and compared it with working dumps and they are the same.
                Used threee more bios dumps i found and i cleaned them but result is the same...
                The resistence +1.0 vsus on pch chip is low 2,8 ohm...but i read with multimeter arround 1.0 voltage so its seems fine?

I check every resistor and capacitor near pch but didnt find short anywhere...
                I check every resistor and capacitor near usb ports but didnt find short anywhere...

I am out of ideas...any ideas? any help?

Comment

In these models, the pch is often the cause of many problems, but I do not recommend replacing it without making tests that are not simple. Enable windows logs and try to understand why it does not turn off.

Comment

Remove Lan chip and see if it shuts down completely. PCH_Wake signal checked??

Comment

Hi
                      I've the same problem, I want to know that could you find a solution for this problem? I've searched in Internet and figured out that this may be because of damaging to SouthBridge but I'm not sure. If you found a solution I'd be happy to help me to fix my laptop too����

Comment

Hello... first i also read all over the internet same problem on this series...gl553, fx553, zx53 but they have all same motherboard.
                        In the end i believe its pch fault because i tried everything beside replacing pch chip...i reprogramed both ite chips...and so on... but usb ports and keyboard would not work. I didnt try to replace the pch chip itself because it was not worth the trouble...But i will tell you why i think its pch...
                        First, the resistence was very low, +1.0vsus was only 2.8 ohm as far as i can remember...what confused me is that i had picture and touchpad was working, wlan also. ssd....so it seems that pch chip was partially working?! And becuase of that i tried to isolate where low ohm is coming from..maybe its not from pch ?..but removing capacitors and resistors led me to believe that 2,8 ohm low was coming from pch chip itself.
                        Maybe its something more dead but this low ohm is not normal for sure.

If you have same low ohm readings and will replace pch chip come here later with report

Comment

Hello again
                          I wanna u know that I changed the pch with new one and after that keyboard and usb are working fine, tnx for helping )

Comment

But after changing the pch, I've faced with new problem, when I want to turn on my laptop, after pushing power botton, I have to wait 18s to see asus logo but before that it took less than 5s to show asus logo. I've update bios to last version with EZ flash in bios but again nothing changed so do you have any idea what should I do to fix this delay?

Comment

Originally posted by alimohammad View Post
                              But after changing the pch, I've faced with new problem, when I want to turn on my laptop, after pushing power botton, I have to wait 18s to see asus logo but before that it took less than 5s to show asus logo. I've update bios to last version with EZ flash in bios but again nothing changed so do you have any idea what should I do to fix this delay?
                              You need to clean me region of your bios.

Comment

Hey i wanna know it8176 must be flashed or just change without flash?? This type asus most trouble in it8176

Comment

For asus, EC will flash itself on 1st boot as long as its blank and the main bios is not corrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
                                    For asus, EC will flash itself on 1st boot as long as its blank and the main bios is not corrupt.
                                    Thanks i'll try replace it, bcoz i try reflow the ic kb can use normal but less an hour it's not function again

Comment

Working...
                                    X