dell inspiron 5458 dead after shut down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dell inspiron 5458 dead after shut down

hi everyone can help me please about the problem of this DELL INSPIRON 5458 laptop turns on and boots fine if cmos battery removed and put it back.but when i shut down the laptop cannot turn on again dead i need to pull out the cmos and put it back again to turn on.what could it be the problem with this anyone help me on this please. thanks in advance

Re: dell inspiron 5458 dead after shut down

any help on this please laptop turns on and works fine if i removed cmos battery and back it again but when laptop shut down i cannot turn on again unless i removed again the cmos

Comment

check 3.3V & 5V Present on mainbaord

Comment

i have the same issue also with this motherboard coils near cmos battery have and volts and near graphics have 3.3v but the rest no voltage. and removing cmos battery and put it back and measured again when multimeter hit the coil near memory laptop turns on but after charger plugged out cannot turn on again unless i remove the cmos

Comment

im trying to find a solution but still the same issue with this laptop

Comment

i also noticed that when i plugged in the battery charger light present but cannot power on even i removed the cmos and put it back but without laptop battery turns on when cmos battery remove and put it back what could it be the problem with this laptop

Comment

i update the bios with latest version still the same issue i need to remove the cmos and put it back to start the laptop i cmos remove 5 short beeps can anyone advise to fix this issue please

Comment

Originally posted by karim011 View Post
                check 3.3V & 5V Present on mainbaord
                Friend do this first. may be have short on terminal of cmos. recheck. trace on this area some caps have leak not shorted.

Comment

thanks for the response i have attached the image near cmos and mark the coil and capacitor that has 0v
                  Attached Files

Comment

it could be, there is a short circuit on it, try replace cmos battery, see what happens,
                    ( (IT Technical Support)

Comment

i already tried replaced new cmos battery and still the same issue laptop works fine once it boots the only problem when i shut it down dead again cannot turn on i need to remove the cmos battery and put it back in order to turn on

Comment

update: ill try to replace cmos battery with low voltage 1.1v it gives 5 short beeps error but i can turn on many times even if i shut it down and turn on again give 5 short beeps and then it takes around 20 seconds to display and boots fine
                        Last edited by Romulo; 09-22-2017, 12:42 AM.

Comment

can u show the pic of model MB ?

Comment

check RTC_AUX_S5 (SRTC_RST#,RTC_RST#) signal without turn on (only use adaptor)
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by alvin24705; 09-22-2017, 02:07 AM.

Comment

Dell inspiron 5458 AAl10 La-B843P 1.0 laptop working fine now if i put low voltage of cmos 1v but have 5short beeps battery but when new one 3v can turn on but after shut down cannot turn on again need to remove cmos first in order to turn on again

Comment

Originally posted by Romulo View Post
                                Dell inspiron 5458 AAl10 La-B843P 1.0 laptop working fine now if i put low voltage of cmos 1v but have 5short beeps battery but when new one 3v can turn on but after shut down cannot turn on again need to remove cmos first in order to turn on again
                                im glad for you laptop if already can running, but if u want to be a normal laptop u can repair the RTC signal. that's signal for RTC battry (Cmos)

Comment

how to fix the issue for this because if i put low voltage 1v cmos battery it keeps short beeps 5 times how to fix this rtc signal please

Comment

anyone have a schematic for this model to check the rtc signal please

Comment

first you have to find the schematics file and upload it here.
                                      then remove the main battery and connect a good CMOS battery.
                                      then shutdown the laptop and press the power button.
                                      If it does not turn on, measure all important points throughout the motherboard to find which voltage line is wrong.

Comment

i dont have schematics for this can someone have this please share. i already tried new cmos battery the problem is laptop turns on but after i shut down cannot turn on again but when i insert low voltage cmos battery i can turn on the laptop and when i shut down i can turn on many times but the problem is laptop beeps 5 short

Comment

Working...
                                        X