Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low Voltages on Desktop/Laptop Mainboards

Dear forum members,

When I measure voltages on desktop/laptop mainboards, sometimes I measure something a bit lower than expected. For example, instead of 1.05v on PCH, I measure 1.047v. Or instead of 1.5v, I measure 1.48v.
    my multimeter is OK. and the voltage values are stable at 1.047v and 1.48v.
    other voltages such as 3.3v and 5v are normal as expected.
    resistance on the 1.047v line is 6.5 ohms.

Do you think these values are normal?
    Or should I replace the buck converter circuit or its capacitors or anything else?
    Do you think the PCH is getting faulty such that its resistance dropped a bit and this drop has led to a drop in voltage?

thanks
    Last edited by caspian; 01-05-2019, 06:11 AM.

Re: Low Voltages on Desktop/Laptop Mainboards

For me...Look like still in tolerance value, all you've measure are parts that feeding the load for low volt and high ampere.

Comment

any experience on such low voltages, please?
      how does you mainboard behave with such low voltages?

Comment

what is the reason behind such low voltages such as 1.047v instead of 1.05v on a working mainboard?

Comment

Originally posted by caspian View Post
          what is the reason behind such low voltages such as 1.047v instead of 1.05v on a working mainboard?
          That's not considered low, it's within tolerance.

Comment

Originally posted by caspian View Post
            Volt meters come in many types depending upon the useage. High impedance input meters like VTVM, DMM and some FETVM are more accurate at reading voltages than say a cheap meter like a battery tester as an example. Low impedance input meters will read lower on the scale because they load down the source voltage. Your readings are within the tolerance of the given said voltages so dont be concerned about the differances.

Comment

Even good meters will vary a bit . To me if it works , I dont worry about it . You might see what other volt meters you can buy/barrow .

Comment

Working...
              X