rt809h programming it8586 error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rt809h programming it8586 error

i've been stucked several weeks trying to flash an it8586 from lenovo using rt809h, i've done intensive search over the internet and no results, i have the it8xxx interface adaptor and cables, i tried with it8586 directly sokdered in adaptor, i got it from a different motherboard to the one i was going to use, first time i read it succesfully 3 or 4 times only for testing, i wrote the new kbc firmware for nm-a181 and verified ok and then the trouble begun. everytime i read the chip is not recognized, i tried many times, unplugged programmer restar windows,updated rt809h with latest version december 2019, thought maybe chip got broken, but i soldered it in the motherboard, and i got video and boot perfect, i turned off laptop unplugged it, and now everytime i put ac adaptor it starts on and off several times and i have backlight on and off in screen,it seems like a kbc fault, i then used the adaptor in motherboard with the flex cable anf everytime i get ISP error loop and finally error, maybe the chip is faulty??? but had nearly the same problem with it8987 in a different motherboard, i'm stucked,maybe rt809h has issues with ite series. i got the it8xxx adaptor and mapped all pins and connections, if somebody is interested i have it, no resistors or capacitors used,only pin to pin connections, some vcc pins to ite are separated but if u measure in the moment is reading or writing 3v are OK on all vcc pins of IT, i don't know what else to do, any ideas???

Re: rt809h programming it8586 error

do you use a microscope?
    You checked the solders of the pins one by one to check short or disconnection ?

Comment

Read page 58 in the instruction manual .
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

jasko_jacker all is perfect, i measured pin by pin in ITE to connector, don't know what's going on

Comment

smdflea do u have by any chance it8586 datahseet?i read the manual 20 times, the only thing it mentions about entering isp mode hase to do with pin100 #ecmute, i understand accesibg it soldered in motherboard maybe i have to gly that pin to ground, but soldered directly in it8xxx adaptor that pin goes to ground in the pcb layout and it didn't work also, anyway i'm teying now with a working motherboard accesibg chip online, i'll try to fly ecmute to ground,i'll post result, thanks👍

Comment

same result, all pins configuration are OK, i checked it again directly fron programmer ñins mapped to it8586,flied 100 ecmute pin to ground,sometimes i get wait for the chip enter isp status, read tineout, other id verification error, if i press read before plugging the laptop like says in the manual i get a window error failed to enter isp status, please make sure the motherboard made suplies voltages, i plug it automatically the window closes and again waiting for chip enter isp status, i'm doing this with a working motherboard,to be 100 sure IT is working, any new ideas???������

Comment

Working...
            X