Delta AC-106A (Dell P/N 00G8CN) DC-DC converter repurposing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delta AC-106A (Dell P/N 00G8CN) DC-DC converter repurposing

This unit from a Dell PowerEdge R320/R420 has +3.3V/22A and +5V/22A DC-DC converters (one for each rail) which is a good candidate for conversion to a 12V input ATX PSU.
    Diagrams of required modifications regarding starting of the DC-DC converters is included with code at http://github.com/brycecherry75/ServerPSUtoATX which mentions required pullup/pulldown resistor placements and if required, simple level translators in the sketch.

How to test protections:
    Overvoltage: Short (3.3V/5V)OVP pad to TEST_SGND
    Undervoltage: Short (3.3V/5V)UVP to its respective TEST_(3.3V/5V) pad
    My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Re: Delta AC-106A (Dell P/N 00G8CN) DC-DC converter repurposing

You got 12VDC output without rewinding the transformer?

Comment

Originally posted by redwire View Post
      You got 12VDC output without rewinding the transformer?
      I used a server PSU with a +12V output as an input with this output being switched along with the +3.3/+5V DC-DC converters.
      My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

I couldn't quite understand the project because I don't know servers using 12V power. Used to ATX from mains power.
        It looks like you modded the Power_OK signal and there is even a sketch which looked as a really nice way to generate it instead of the usual mess of many comparators and fudging that in the power supply.

Comment

Working...
        X