No announcement yet.

SAMSUNG LE37B650 T2PXZG shuts off randomly after wait possible to turn on again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SAMSUNG LE37B650 T2PXZG shuts off randomly after wait possible to turn on again

Dear folks I am facing this issue and hope anyone can assist.

TV shuts off in use, Black screen,no sound, no Power LED.

After unplug and wait Power LED lights up again and I can use it until it shuts off again, showing no LED, no Sound Black screen.

I attached psu Board pic hoping someone can assist, thanks in advance.

P.s. 1st thought Was about the powerboard since no power led...
    Attached Files

Re: SAMSUNG LE37B650 T2PXZG shuts off randomly after wait possible to turn on again

same thing I advised on the other thread you posted on: it's an old tv. I would replace those 8 electrolytic caps right there by the connector first, might save a whole lot of troubleshooting if that is just the problem. also look the cable from powerboard to mainboard over real good, check for burn marks, can check each wire for continuity.
    Last edited by nomoresonys; 07-24-2022, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Re: SAMSUNG LE37B650 T2PXZG shuts off randomly after wait possible to turn on again

Thanks! I didnt notice I received an answer on the old thread ...refreshing showed my post gone,so I decided to create this.

What you think of putting a 5v PC ventilator onto the caps first?

Comment

that's something I'm not familiar with, I know I recently had to replace those caps on my old 40 ln model, they act like that, going off at random times when they are bad or marginal, I would rather replace them for a few dollars and know they're not the problem so I can move on to other more involved troubleshooting. also developed a burnt wire on the cable from powerboard to mainboard, probably because it's 16 years old and that cable works pretty hard. They have those testers on ebay for testing caps and other components, about 12 to 15 dollars, half that if you wait for chinas slow boat, it's pretty slow to the States, I have one, it works pretty good at the price point.

Comment

I would try heating and cooling sections of the board to locate the problem. Caps. usually work better after they get warm.
          I assume no responsibility for any stupid suggestions I might post.

Comment

Originally posted by dskall View Post
            i would try heating and cooling sections of the board to locate the problem. Caps. Usually work better after they get warm.
            +10

Comment

Ok, so put ventilator onto specific area first?

Comment

try hairdryer as suggested, what is a ventilator?

Comment

Mean cooling fan

Comment

heating has more of an effect on a bad cap, it brings the esr down which sometimes allows the tv to work for just a bit, verifying the problem in some cases.

Comment

Hi, check the psu<>main cable connectors for burnings..

Comment

Working...
                      X