Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSI GTX 970 4 GB Short on 3V3 pci express ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSI GTX 970 4 GB Short on 3V3 pci express ??

Hello everyone =D

I post this little message in order to have a little help.

I have a MSI GTX 970 4 GB and after checking only the 3V3 at PCI express level is shorted
    After verification with the thermal camera and injection of a very small voltage lower than 0.95 V, part of the CPU at the top left heats up and nothing else.

Do you think that the GPU is in question I did not find anything else heating, nor other short circuit.

Thanks a lot

Re: MSI GTX 970 4 GB Short on 3V3 pci express ??

It could be fried but it could also be there is a short less prone to heating up then The gpu. Either way thermal camera probably wont work unless it helps to raise injection alittle.

Check if you have some darker area on that corner of The die. Sounds like a bad memory controller in gpu maybe.

Comment

Check for ic similar to bios chips use multimeter to check which component is shorted. I had same short o. 1080Ti and AAM7MA was shorted.

Comment

I have only the GPU that heats up with the thermal camera with an amperage close to 1 Ampere and no other component, nor with iso alcohol and rosin.

The mosfets are ok in all its set on the line of the VCORE and values are in the KOhm

I will also look at the memories but no short circuit on the VMEM and also at the level well I will look at that today.

I only have the 3V3 volts in short circuit.

I attach the complete schematic of the MSI GTX 970 if you have any idea where I can look exactly it would help me a lot =D
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X