• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HEC Orion HP585D

Probably a decent 300W +/- 50W PSU...

Comment

Originally posted by eagleeyez View Post
      Please anyone has the schematic diagram?
      I doubt you will find one (though I may be wrong). Most PSU schematics are proprietary to the manufacturer. The ones you find online are usually only of the basic half-bridge platform (like what Deer/L&C uses).

That said...
      I need to know the value of C31 and retrace what may be the cause of it's explosion so I can replace all of them.
      I have the ThermalTake TR2-430W (XP550-NP), which is pretty much the same power supply. I can look up what C31 is or any other part that you need. However, I think it would be best if you first take a picture of your power supply and post it here so that we can see what you are seeing.

I want to know also if this PSU is worth my time repairing it? since I did found it trashed by someone and I've seen that it's 600W which I consider a good PSU
      It's a decent power supply for a basic to mid-level PC. If you have the time and tools to work on it (multimeter, soldering iron, etc.), I think it is worth it.

But for your information, this power supply is only capable of about 350 Watts, as Stefan noted, and 16 Amps on the 12V rail, not 600 Watts as advertised. So with that said, the PSU should be good enough to run a PC with a Core 2 Duo / Core i3 / Core i5 CPU and a mid-level video card (something like a Radeon HD 3650/4650/5670... etc. or the GeForce equivalent).
      Last edited by momaka; 09-19-2015, 04:29 AM.

Comment

Weird, I come back after a while and see one of my old threads resurrected the same day.

Comment

Working...
        X