Panasonic TC-P50ST30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panasonic TC-P50ST30

Hi folks, I am working on a Panasonic Tv and the SC board has shorted IGBT's (GT30F131) so I purchased a repair kit from Shopjimmy.com pn:Panasonic TXNSC1PHUU (TNPA5351) SC Board Component Repair Kit for TC-P50ST30. Got 20n60sfd TO 263AB as replacements for the GT30F131's.
    I replaced all defective components and after 10 Minutes the IGBT's blew again. I checked the buffer boards for shorts and didn't find any. Do you think the replacement IGBT's are Suitable?
    I have a set of 2PG003's and I am also wondering it they will work as these (GT30F131)IGBT's and other replacements are non existent any more. I mounted them standing up right but I thought I would ask your advise before I tried them out. I Never tried this before. Please see pics and let me know if they will work. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Re: Panasonic TC-P50ST30

Do NOT use these 2PG003 in place of SMD IGBTs, the solder pads works for cooling them, even if they could handle the current, they woudn't be able to sustain the heat and would fail very quickly.

About the rest of the board, I have no experience on this model and do not know if this is part of the SC boards that have that stupid grounding screw that fails over time, but keep all the screws, screw holes, and screw pads clean.

Comment

Originally posted by simplytrini View Post
      I mounted them standing up right but I thought I would ask your advise before I tried them out. I Never tried this before. Please see pics and let me know if they will work. Thanks in advance.
      I agree with Biruslapio - These upright-mounted chips cannot dissipate heat and will fail very quickly.

The metal-backed surface-mounted IGBTs will conduct heat to the SC board and the board helps cool the chips. The way you installed yours, they probably got extremely hot and failed right around the 10 minute mark as you said.

If you need to upright-mount the ICs, you must provide a small heat sink for EACH one. and that heat sink must not contact the board or the rear case of the TV or else you may short everything out.

Best solution is to re-install surface mounted ICs. and ensure your soldering is very good. dodgy soldering will lead to poor heat transfer and the ICs will fail shortly. I use a hot-air reflow station that heats the board from underneath and hot air from the top, along with lots of flux to flow the solder correctly.

If you don't have hot-air rework station, an adjustable temperature heat gun will work well (400-450 degrees).

Best of luck.

Comment

30f131 have a rating of 360 volts 200 amps. The ones Shopjimmy.com sent you are 600 volt 20 amps. Contact them and ask them why they sent you such low rated parts.

Comment

Hi again everyone, hope all is well. I really apologize for my delayed response and I thank you all for your responses. Anyway a long time has passed and I decided to take another look at this set to see if I can get it going (It has now become a little project). My question this time is.. Can I use DG302 igbts in place of the GT30F131(I came across about 10 of them from a few old boards)? Also after some more investigation I found Q661 (RJP63G4) also shorted any suggestions on a suitable replacement for this? I have extra DG302 can I use one of those as well in that location? Any further advice will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Comment

Last edited by R_J; 07-27-2022, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X