Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LENOVO BIOS AUTO-PATCHER for Supervisor Password Removal

@lamo
    Search the forum and find a ThinkPad T470 patched bios, this one will only be used for the unlock procedure, once unlocked you can use the Original BIOS.

Comment

Please autopatch this file
      Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-25-2023, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TTR View Post
        Hi.
        Thank you for this tool. I've got many successes with unlocking T470 and T460s so far.
        Today I have Lenovo T540P with 2 spi chips, after reading some posts from this thread I've desoldered the 4MB chip read it and put it in the Autopatcher and flashed it with patched file.
        After powering up the laptop I have a blank screen with 2x 5beeps.
        I flashed my original file back and everything is back to normal.
        It would be great if someone could look into my original file and try to patch it.
        Thank you
        I would like to add that I had the anti-tamper switch taped and CMOS battery disconnected.
        Later I tried to boot with a previously locked hard drive but without any success
        After patching laptop always does 2x 5 beeps and the screen remains black.
        Sorry for not editing my yesterday post, but the edit button is gone for some reason.
        Last edited by TTR; 07-28-2022, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Hello! I am asking for help in removing the Thinkpad T540P bios password! I read a forum, I used this: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ht=t540p+patch
          it doesn't work for me. if I do it based on the description, I write the bios, the machine turns on but does not show an image. The display is black.

Comment

Dear all,

Need a help on removing password - Model X-13 YOGA

IO controller is : npce388pb0bx

Manju

Comment

Originally posted by JTF View Post
              Hello, could someone help me with decrypt the thinkpad P17 Gen1 password or patch my file?
              I tried with autopatcher, unfortunately it doesn't generate a file.
              any help please!!!

Comment

Hello, is this thread still active ?
                The software says that my dump is corrupted or does not contain a valid dump. I Have quadruple checked it and the checksum is OK.

winbond 25 Q 80 BL N10 1711

P50 20EQ - S20D00 S/N PC-0NGMVH 17/08

Lenovo
                BP500 NM-A451
                REV 1.0
                2015-11-06

Comment

Oops, I'm new to this, I didn't archive the dump so it wasn't added. Sorry. Here it is.
                  One dumps permissions and ownership were scrambled, so I fixed them to 755 and one to 644 (default result). The result stays the same

Comment

@Merlinox
                    That error is because your chip dump is only 1MB, you need to look for other chip that may be located near uProcessor, RAM slots or EC/KBC chip.

Comment

Originally posted by AAAC View Post
                      @Merlinox
                      That error is because your chip dump is only 1MB, you need to look for other chip that may be located near uProcessor, RAM slots or EC/KBC chip.
                      Thank you so much for your reply, it did strike me as weird that the dump was this small.

This chip was hard to find. It was indeed a 20Q128 instead of a 25Q80

The chip is under the keyboard for lenovo P50 20EQ. You HAVE to take a part the heatsink.

Cheers, you saved my day !
                      Last edited by Merlinox; 07-31-2022, 01:24 PM. Reason: I didn't find the chip. And then I did.

Comment

@Merlinox
                        I’ve just sent you a PM with links of 2 pictures showing BIOS chip location on ThinkPad P50.
                        Last edited by AAAC; 07-31-2022, 01:39 PM.

Comment

I have successfully patched the BIOS dump and flashed it. Steps 1-7 went smoothly,
                          I was told "TPM certificate changed. Turn it off." during the process.
                          @AAAC pointed out that this means that the laptop is unlocked.

After rebooting, the laptop posts, I can press enter to enter the setup, then the laptop beeps 4 times and shows the following messages:
                          "0271: Check date and time settings
                          0183: Bad CRC of security settings in EFI variable
                          Press F1 to enter setup"

Upon pressing F1 the screen stays backlit and the keyboard works (num lock toggle + fn lock toggle).
                          It stays like that indefinitely.

The issue persists with or without SSD plugged in.

What more can I do ? Did I miss a crucial step ?

I scrupulously proceeded with data integrity checks at every possible step.

edit (solved):
                          STEP 8: Restore original BIOS
                          means reflashing the first BIOS dump
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Merlinox; 07-31-2022, 04:29 PM.

Comment

hello dear
                            there is a password in this file LMQ-2MB 13268-1 5th gen plz help me out thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by deep_bks View Post
                              hello dear
                              there is a password in this file LMQ-2MB 13268-1 5th gen plz help me out thanks in advance
                              Try this .....
                              Attached Files

Comment

not power on bad luck but thnks 4 ur reply

Comment

lenovo t480 bios pwd plz nlock

Comment

Originally posted by rehan View Post
                                    lenovo t480 bios pwd plz nlock
                                    Use the Autopatcher at post #1 in this thread,just follow the instructions.
                                    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

will someone patch this file for me please. for some reason the autopatcher is not working for me i have tried it on 3 different computers , the cmd window close right after i open it

Comment

Try going to the Microsoft Store from your PC and search for "python".

Install the latest version available Python 3.10.

I got it to work, but the autopatcher did not work for my bios.

Hope it works for you.

Comment

Originally posted by bilal1992 View Post
                                          will someone patch this file for me please. for some reason the autopatcher is not working for me i have tried it on 3 different computers , the cmd window close right after i open it
                                          Try and report back
                                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                          X