• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

you have a nice workshop.

Comment

Hello All, I am new here and trying to gain some knowledge when it comes to repairing my 50" Plasma TV. Have some Electrical background and circuit experience.

Comment

Hey bad caps! Wkd site! Have gt a prob with my lg tv and going to follow some of your threads! Fingers crossed!

Comment

Hello Everybody

I am Ijaz, electronics engineer by profession. Just found this great website while I was googling some info to repair my 51" plasma TV.

The site is amazing and offers exactly what I have been looking for. Will try to contribute whatever I can.

Comment

I am a new member, just posting to say hello

Davezeek

Comment

Hey guys, new here! Trying to fix my Panasonic Plasma...

Comment

Hi all. Posting here to remove account restrictions. Looking forward to discussing capacitors with you all.

Comment

Hi Guys,

I'm Randall in NY. I'm an electronics noob. I've been more on the software side but I want to get into hardware repair. One thing that pisses me off is all the hardware that gets tossed due to a few dollars worth of bad components. It's such a waste in my mind and I hate to think about it.

I'm certified in different operating systems and am currently working towards my CCNP. I hope to acquire a CCIE one day. Routing and switching for me.

Comment

Oh, by the way, can you activate my account so I can post? I have a question as to where to buy a 400V 120uf 18mm x 40mm capacitor.

Comment

Introduction

Hi everybody,
                      I'm an electronic engineer, I've studied in Italy and now I'm living in Greece.
                      As some of you may know, things are going very bad with Greek economy from some time and getting worse every day. The firm I founded and directed for more than 15 years has gone bankrupt and now I deal with radio-TV servicing and computer repairing at home. I found this Forum while googling for a SMPS troubleshooting, I liked the place & decided to register myself. I hope we'll have a nice time together!!!

Comment

Hi all,
                        We'll just a little about me. If it doesn't work, I try to fix it.
                        Whether it's a TV, PC , anything electrical and more.
                        And I usually do. But with some help...that's where you come in. I gather a pleather of info from forums like this, so here's to many happy repairs!!

Comment

Hello everyone. Commodore 64 was my first but my Tandy 1000 was where it all started. Being handy and broke my Tandy had a different sound one day. So I popped the case off and turned it on and off but clueless. I called Tandy tech support and to my surprise a female technician was on the line. She instructed me to tap the hard drive while turning on the power. You know what happened next, yes the hard drive started to my amazement and the light bulb went off in my head "I can fix these things"! Onsite service tech for 15 years after that. Thru Onforce I started fixing in warranty Vizio TVs, maybe 100 of them. I was just board swapping but I did learn enough to want to learn more.

Comment

I am a new member, just posting to say hello

LG Plasma Issues ..

Comment

Hello there All!

My name is Moes and I'm from Amsterdam in the Netherlands.
                              New to forum, just to say Hi, and thanks for all the info i've read so far.

Was lead here cos of my macbook pro and Imac. Hopefully will get some caps soon and then be able to fix my board.

Best regards

Comment

Hi, we are a small electronics firm in the Westcountry in England, specializing in reballing and motherboard component level repairs, I'm a hive of knowledge. I've come to share what i know and maybe learn a few things myself. Oh and my name is Nick.

Comment

Hi! I'm here to get help fixing my TV.

Comment

Hello , I'm Michael from Romania , I'm working on TV repairing. I work by myself , not in a service. I found here much useful information .

Comment

Hi came across this forum while looking for info to fix a PSU, type HW1200R, which I am hoping to use to run a ham transciever.
                                      I work as an electronic engineer.
                                      I have interests in astronomy and recently 're-kindled' in amateur radio.

Cheers,
                                      ROB_BUSH

Comment

Hi All
                                        Great site
                                        I'm a sparky with some electronics
                                        Spent time as computer admin / tech support with caps in Servers bulging left right and centre. :-(
                                        Merry Christmas everyone

Comment

Hi,
                                          I found this site while trying to figure out how to fix a TV my dad and I picked up for free on craiglist. By far the most helpful site so far. I don't have any electronics education, but I've always been interested and tried little projects, and my dad has some experience from work and hobby type projects as well.

Comment

Working...
                                          X