Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Razer Naga Mouse Keys Working but no Movement

Hi to all,
    i am new to this forum and i need some help about the Naga mouse.
    I know that there's already a threat about this mouse but its a bit old and i get no repsonse at my reply.
    So if anyone knows anything about this mouse and a solution for it i would appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

Re: Razer Naga Mouse Keys Working but no Movement

is the led on??
    (the one on the base)

Comment

From a systems admin perspective, I would be checking to see if anything odd shows up in the device manager, like an "Unknown USB Device". With this mouse having additional buttons/keys, it could be showing up as multiple devices in the device manager. (Essentially, a mouse and keyboard for instance.) If nothing odd is showing up in Device Manager and the LED is on on the mouse, I would still probably try downloading what ever drivers/software packages are available for the mouse and then going to the device manager and uninstalling the mouse/any additional devices that appear when it is plugged in.

I hope that helps!

“Men always seem to think about their
      past before they die, as though they were
      frantically searching for proof that they
      truly lived.”
      – Jet (Cowboy Bebop) -

Comment

The base led is off but i dont remember if there is light on the base i have this mouse off for 3 years... In the device managment the mouse is recongnized as it should. I did download the drivers and everything anyone says about this mouse on the internet but still the mouse is off( The Clicks are working but the movement not).

Comment

pictures of the board will be helpfull then,
          either the soldering is cracked or something failed.

it's not drivers - mice dont need any.

Comment

its likely a bad optical sensor.
            with luck its just the led but many nowadays are integrated.
            razer stuff tends to be cheaply built and unreliable so no surprise.
            i just replaced switches on a 6 month old deathadder.
            our group now avoids razer stuff like the plague.

Comment

lol, i get my mice from poundland.
              i dont give a fuck if they fail - but they actually dont!!
              they even have a place on the board for an led to light the scroll-wheel!!

Comment

Some are using IR LED's for the sensor, so there's nothing to see except for the bling LED's.
                All you can do is check for bad solder joints to the sensor.

Razer mice are crap, they are cheap with all the money is spent on marketing and hype.
                They look really nice though.

edit: If it's an old Razer mouse using Philips Twin Eye sensor, throw it in the garbage.
                The sensors fail, they were not reliable and there is no source of replacements.
                Last edited by redwire; 05-14-2019, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kc8adu View Post
                  its likely a bad optical sensor.
                  with luck its just the led but many nowadays are integrated.
                  razer stuff tends to be cheaply built and unreliable so no surprise.
                  i just replaced switches on a 6 month old deathadder.
                  our group now avoids razer stuff like the plague.
                  It's looking like, Logitech G Pro, FTW! I'm a PC Halo'er, so that's what it looks like!
                  Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 05-23-2019, 12:36 PM.
                  ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

looks like razer, as a singapore company, is trying to copy apple too much! apple stuff is known for their lack of repairability as well as being overpriced but nice looking.

i know that the soldering on razer stuff is utterly terrible and looks like the soldering was done by a 1 year old child. why would they let a one year old kid play with a soldering iron i have no idea...

ah well, i guess not everything from singapore is well built and long lasting...

Comment

I have a Logitech M710 (actually two, when one started to get worn out button plastic for the switches on the board I replaced the top shell). Love it

aaaanhyyyhooo, there was one time where the sensor literally fell inside the mouse, it was clipped on. Put it back, worked fine
                      Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
                      ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Working...
                      X