Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASUS AiO ET2220I USB Over Current Status

Hi.
    I have Asus AiO ET2220I motherboard which triggers USB Over Current Status. All present USB ports are ok, no obvious short to ground. AiO itself was dropped, which resulted in broken touch panel. I suspect something like broken current sensing resistor, but can't find any.

If anyone could provide me with schematic or any advice how to solve this, it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: ASUS AiO ET2220I USB Over Current Status

Did you try measuring the resistance of the 5V rail in each USB port to ground? If not, try it and post what results you get (do the measurements with the computer turned OFF and unplugged, of course.)

Comment

I'm so very sorry for this late reply, but i found a problem. Looks like i was looking in the wrong place. Problem was that second USB hub is in the side panel and current sensing resistors for this hub are on this panel instead of the motherboard itself. One of those resistors had a bad joint that broke off when the AIO fell, and all i needed to do was to resolder it.

Comment

Originally posted by rupertoos View Post
        I'm so very sorry for this late reply, but i found a problem. Looks like i was looking in the wrong place. Problem was that second USB hub is in the side panel and current sensing resistors for this hub are on this panel instead of the motherboard itself. One of those resistors had a bad joint that broke off when the AIO fell, and all i needed to do was to resolder it.
        hi rupertoos, do you remember which are current sensing resistors?

i just clean solder resistors near usb ports, removed usb 3.0 controller ic and usb 3.0 eeprom, replaced h61 with new one still problem persist.

Comment

Working...
        X