Asus P6T won t boot in Bios!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus P6T won t boot in Bios!

My Asus P6T do not start into the bios, first at all I got the Board from a friend tand he mean it works.
    But if got no headsink from 1366 and used on from 775 first time it starts outside the case into Bios, than after a view minutes there was a massage that the cpu is overheated, so I unfortunatly take of the power!
    But now if tried an nother 775 Headsink with more power an the board do not start into the bios again, the cpu fan run everthing seams to work but it wont boot into damned bios!
    couldt it be that i7 920 died at 188,6 °F (87 Celius)
    Or is there be a chance to awake the system again?

Re: Asus P6T won t boot in Bios!

87 C should kill anything unless that was with a CPU core OC and a CPU core overvolt.

IIRC, OC'ing and overvolting the Vcore, can change the characteristics of the CPU and make it less tolerant of high temps and in some cases, may result in 60 C making it crash.

But those characteristics are possibly reversible, just by returning it back to stock core voltage and stock core frequency specs.
    Last edited by RJARRRPCGP; 03-06-2019, 03:30 PM.
    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

I think you meant "should *not* kill anything".

87°C won't do anything to those CPU, except maybe making them unstable if overclocked indeed.

First try a clear CMOS.

Also I'm not sure how you mounted the 775 heatsink as it doesn't fit on a 1366 socket.
      OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

yupp... get a proper heatsink for lga1366, apply thermal paste and mount it properly on the cpu and make sure the heatsink makes good contact on the cpu.

and lastly, never ever run something that comes with a heatsink, without the proper heatsink, gpu or cpu!! thats just asking for trouble!

Comment

thank you for your answers, yes I bought an i7 950 and the origin 1366 cooler
          but again the board wont boot into bios! I do an cmos reset but the same problem as before, so now i will replace the bios cheap with a new one maybe that couldt be the solution?

Comment

Working...
          X