Failing to programing V850ES/JG3 with UART

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failing to programing V850ES/JG3 with UART

Hello , I am having problems sending code that was given to me, in binary format, to this microcomputer via UART0.
    I have connected UART0 directly to my UART USB interface onto header of FTDI232 USB adapter , and the microcomputer responds to some given instructions, like erase, blank check, checksum, read (dumps perfectly valid HEX file that corresponds to given BIN file when converted, exactly the same data in original from chi and spare file), but it wont program. - I have been given an BIN file to work with, but either way an read HEX file wont program either.

When it fails writing I have to reset the micro computer and the visual led diode clearly shows when it failed, the microcomputer simply never responds again. Depending on the file I try it always fails at the same spot.

Re: Failing to programing V850ES/JG3 with UART

have you got a datasheet to share?
    if it's an ARM cpu you may have to erase any sector protection before you can program it.

Comment

Yes, this is the datasheet.
      I have tried complete erase and block erase but it always fails. I am not sure why, as when it reads the chip it reads the complete thing, from start to finish, correctly. When the read file is compared to the one I am about to program it is identical.
      The reason why I am trying to program a new chip is because the in-circuit one has been damaged by lightning and has no function on certain pins (0ohm ground within the chip).
      I have only used chips, salvaged from other boards with different damage on each board, to work with.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Sojke; 06-29-2019, 12:07 AM.

Comment

Have you read the programming notes:
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

what about the 2 flash-control pins?
          one must be grounded and the other toggled to enable writing.

Comment

Don't you need to erase the uC before reprogramming it? If you can't erase it, then what's the point of trying to write to it?

Have you checked the status of the security bit?
            Last edited by truclacicr; 06-30-2019, 03:00 AM. Reason: extra info

Comment

Sorry for misleading information, erase always completes with blank check confirmation.
              The chip erases, blank checks, reads and status reports. Also has some security bit exists , this is it:

------ Start(Signature Read) ------
              Device name: UPD70FXXXX
              Device data: 10 7F 04 EC 7F
              Security Flag: 007F
              Boot Block Number: 01F
              Firmware Version: 1.11
              Signature Read PASS
              ------ End(Signature Read) ------

The flash control pins were set as FLMD0 to Ground via 10kohm like in schematic and FLMD1 to VCC via direct wire connection.

I have read flash programming notes, thanks for the snippet, they are also present in the complete manual I linked.

- EDIT -

From what I see from all this, 007F corresponds to binary 1111111 meaning that every possible security feature was enabled on this chip (which is kinda weird knowing that I managed to read it). I believe now this is where my problem is at (thanks truclacicr).
              Last edited by Sojke; 06-30-2019, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X