Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your spare PSU Stash

Originally posted by momaka View Post
    Yup, that's me. But I think c_hegger confirmed it once, too.
    Nope, not me. I haven't load tested a Sirtec PSU from before they became Sirfa.
    I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

I have collected so many that I had to store most of them in the attic!
      Attached Files
      Old proverb say.........If you shoot at nothing, you will hit nothing (George Henry 10-14-11)

Comment

Originally posted by everell View Post
        And I thought I had too many...
        "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
        -David VanHorn

Comment

dafuq!

Comment

WOW! Nice stash! I want to see the other side with all the wires

Comment

Wow! That's a lot. Now I'll have to go and find my bottom jaw.

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

My Stash:

Mostly good stuff, listing below;
                PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 1200W
                PC Power & Cooling Silencer 910W
                PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750W
                Enermax NoiseTaker II 600W
                Thermal Take TR2 RX (CWT) 550W
                Cooler Master (AcBel) 460W
                PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 425W X2
                Antec Earthwatts (Seasonic) 430W (Re-capped)
                Antec SmartPower (CWT) 350W (Re-capped)
                Antec Basiq (FSP) 350W X2 (1 Re-capped
                HiPro 305W (Re-capped)
                Dell (Newton) 250W
                Compaq (Delta) 250W
                Rosewill (L&C) "400W" (Maybe 200-250W actually)
                Last edited by dmill89; 05-22-2014, 08:26 PM.

Comment

PSUs currently with their PCBs out waiting for a re-cap (And they've been waiting for quite a while - until I make a big order from Neward):

Click on attachment for higher res version.
                  Attached Files
                  "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

My only working spares are a handfull of 250W or less Clay Pigeons... I do have an early production (sorta) 450W TGGI (made by super flower) with all sorts of cool features. I also have a couple old 5V heavy 300W units (a Compaq badged delta and a hipro made AGI). All my good ones are dead (a 550W acbel, two 850W OCZ's, etc).

dmill- I'm jealous... there's quite a few gems there (a 1200W no less!). The biggest I ever owned was a 950W Tuniq that I fixed and later sold to a classmate... kinda wish I had it, as if I ever upgrade my main rig's GPU's, I'll need more than the barely sufficient 600W in it now.
                    Last edited by ratdude747; 05-22-2014, 11:39 PM.
                    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Comment

i'v got a bunch of old FSP i keep around, 250-300w models.

because i use them for non-pc use where the 5v is more important than the 12v rail.

Comment

MB, hopefully those Bestec PSU's use the white glue and not the tan stuff!

Comment

They both had the cellulose glue... I carefully and painstakingly removed as much as I could... Sometimes you have to do some desoldering when the glue is between two leads of two different components. Recently I did an SFX FSP PSU which surprisingly had the cellulose glue and I had to desolder transformers because there was glue between the wire tap leads very close to the PCB.
                          "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Holy crap!

If I ever need to buy a PSU for a computer and happen to be in Norolk, remind me to just stop by your house. Will gladly buy one of your modified Bestec beasts over what any store has to offer.

Comment

I still feel a bit humiliated by everell's collection but I have got thing a bit more organised with some better shelving now. I have 3 shelves just for spare PSUs.

The top shelf is for PSUs that are OK and seem to work, but that I am hesitant about selling or using in a repair or someone, as well as for smaller form factor and odd shaped PSUs. In that shelf, I have this and this on the far left. Next is an AOpen 250W TFX, then there are two SFX PSUs (A recapped Seasonic SS-200SFD and a Sirtec SFX-270A1. Then there's the Dell H750P-00 and on the right, my TT Evo Blue 2.0 750W (which works but whines a bit and has that odd quirk with the -12V rail).

On the next shelf down are all the decent PSU's which I would happily use in any PC. On the top row, left to right, we have: Recapped Enlight/Delta GPS-300AB, Lite-on PS-5032-2V3 (300W), TT Litepower 450W and 430W (both recapped), NMB 430W GM430WTXW01SSV, recapped/fan modded Antec SL350, and a recapped In Win IP-S400CQ2-0

On the bottom row (note that all on the bottom row are re-capped), Thermaltake XP550NP 430W, Corsair VS450, In Win IP-P600CQ3-2, Delta DSP-280FB, Cooler Power GX850, Codegen 450X, and Macron MPT-4012

And finally, the bottom shelf. These are units which are so cheap that I have little desire to fix them up. They are: Aywun A1-3000 and A1-5000, Powercase PHKPOW550120mm, A-Power P4-A680, and Codegen 530XF (Actually, I'm not too sure where this one belongs. It's actually fairly similar to the aforementioned 450X internally, but it has a lot of corrosion on the inside of the casing, and I don't normally bother with old 5V-heavy designs nowadays).
                              Attached Files

Comment

Nice and organized. Looks good! I know 5V heavy designs can be lame, but if a 5V heavy half bridge PSU is capable of even 16A on the 12V, that's still quite a bit of power. With how efficient CPU's/mobos/video cards are becoming, you can do a lot with what seems like not a lot of power. If an overclocked Pentium D and overclocked GTX 260 can run on a 400W PSU, then an Ivy Bridge i5 and a GTX 650 aren't going to have any issues on even a decent 350W PSU with 20A on the 12V, and it's going to be faster.

Comment

Plus, you can always replace the 16A or 20A 12V rectifier with something beefier or add a second identical in parallel if supported.

Comment

Originally posted by c_hegge View Post
                                    Wow! That's a lot. Now I'll have to go and find my bottom jaw.
                                    Me too!

I wish I had that many... LOL
                                    Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

I know this thread is quite old but here's my stash.

Comprised of:

Top:

JNC LC-B300ATX 300W - Deer built,bought it to mod it up (everell's line )
                                      Powerlink LPK2-30 400W - actually a 300W Linkworld,recapped and in use

Middle:
                                      Sumvision KY-450ATX 350W - scrapped original board,replacement will be an AT-2005B platform PSU (Sun Pro)
                                      Premier LC-C400ATX - scrapped,casing left

Bottom:
                                      Premier LC-B400ATX - original Deer board scrapped,now a iMicro resides in it
                                      Delux ATX-400W P4 - scrapped,casing left
                                      Premier LC-C400ATX - came dead,scrapped,casing left
                                      Intex Action IT-20F1BC-A 430W - working but 12V P4 plug doesn't provide power

Hidden:
                                      Rexpower PX-400 - K-Mex,needs fixing as it does a whine noise when switch flipped

Photo:

Not pictured:
                                      Premier LC-8460BTX - fixed,some traces were destroyed,rebuilt them using CAT5 wire,also secondary heatsink grounded with wires

Other:

ASUS M2V-TVM w/Sempron 3400+ - my old AM2 board (now I have a M2V-MX w/ A64 3200+)
                                      40GB Maxtor 6E040L0
                                      ASUS K8N w/ Sempron 3000+ - Socket 754 MB,turns on for two seconds then shuts off and won't turn on unless AC cord is unplugged then plugged again (or rocker switch flipped back and forth once)
                                      Attached Files
                                      Last edited by Dan81; 04-26-2015, 10:59 AM.
                                      Main rig:
                                      Gigabyte B75M-D3H
                                      Core i5-3470 3.60GHz
                                      Gigabyte Geforce GTX650 1GB GDDR5
                                      16GB DDR3-1600
                                      Samsung SH-224AB DVD-RW
                                      FSP Bluestorm II 500W (recapped)
                                      120GB ADATA + 2x Seagate Barracuda ES.2 ST31000340NS 1TB
                                      Delux MG760 case

Comment

Nice! But you need a Jou Jye psu there!

Comment

Originally posted by goodpsusearch View Post
                                          Nice! But you need a Jou Jye psu there!
                                          Sadly I can't find any Jou Jye PSU here in my town.

Here are the ones I can find,going by how rare they are in my town. 1 are the ones I find most of the time and 7 are ones that are almost inexistant here.

1.Deer/L&C
                                          2.Linkworld
                                          3.K-Mex
                                          4.Sun Pro (Delux 400w without rocker switch)
                                          5.iMicro clones (Delux 400&450w with rocker switch)
                                          5.FSP - the only FSP in here is a 350W one
                                          6.Delta Electronics.
                                          Main rig:
                                          Gigabyte B75M-D3H
                                          Core i5-3470 3.60GHz
                                          Gigabyte Geforce GTX650 1GB GDDR5
                                          16GB DDR3-1600
                                          Samsung SH-224AB DVD-RW
                                          FSP Bluestorm II 500W (recapped)
                                          120GB ADATA + 2x Seagate Barracuda ES.2 ST31000340NS 1TB
                                          Delux MG760 case

Comment

Working...
                                          X