Thermaltake 450 lite with burnt/exploded 5vsb ic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thermaltake 450 lite with burnt/exploded 5vsb ic

The closest IC I could find in my datasheet collection is the 8-pin version of the Fairchild FSQ510. Pin 1 (Vstr) matches what your board has, as I can see pin 1 on your chip goes to a string of series SMD resistors to the high-voltage supply. Pin 8 (Drain) on the FSQ510 also matches that of your IC, being connected to the transformer. Same goes for pins 4 and 6, which are ground on your IC and the FSQ510. But where we don't quite get a match is pin 7 (Vcc) of the FSQ510, which on your board is tied to pin 8. So that rules out the FSQ510.

Nevertheless, there may be similar Fairchild IC models that do match this. So perhaps best to look for something like that. I'll dig around my collection a bit more and see if there is anything else I missed. But so far, nothing else even remotely matches this pinout.

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
      Its close, pins 7&8 connect directly to the transformer primary, the diode is in series with the [cap. across the resistor] and are connected across the primary of the transformer.
      sorry forgot to add a line to the schematic.

Pin 7&8 is connected directly to 5vsb transformer, but not primary.

D1 anode comes from the transformer run winding and the cathode connets to R3? (10Ω) to pin 2 (C1 or is it C3?) connects from pin 2 to ground

D1 anoda comes from transformer and cathode connect to 47uF C1.

i add the new schematic below.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
        The closest IC I could find in my datasheet collection is the 8-pin version of the Fairchild FSQ510. Pin 1 (Vstr) matches what your board has, as I can see pin 1 on your chip goes to a string of series SMD resistors to the high-voltage supply. Pin 8 (Drain) on the FSQ510 also matches that of your IC, being connected to the transformer. Same goes for pins 4 and 6, which are ground on your IC and the FSQ510. But where we don't quite get a match is pin 7 (Vcc) of the FSQ510, which on your board is tied to pin 8. So that rules out the FSQ510.

Nevertheless, there may be similar Fairchild IC models that do match this. So perhaps best to look for something like that. I'll dig around my collection a bit more and see if there is anything else I missed. But so far, nothing else even remotely matches this pinout.
        mr. momoka, thanks alot for the info.
        I'll try to dig more about this fairchild ic.

This one (TT 450 litepower series) really give me headache, because i never see board like this before.

Comment

Well, I searched just about every 8-pin green offline switch IC I could think of (and some that I didn't even know existed). But unfortunately, I still can't find a match that even closely resembles the wiring on your board. I'm sure there are more 8-pin offline switch ICs there, as I've only looked though 20 or so pages with search results on Google (out of who knows how many.)

Perhaps you should just try building an external board with a FSDM311 chip and wire that in? Everell here built quite a few of these for the Bestec ATX-250-12E PSUs. It's a pretty straight-forward mod with only 5-6 other components besides the FSDM311 chip and should be easy to plug'n'play on your PSU. Here's more info on this mod:
          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ght=bestec+12e
          Last edited by momaka; 05-17-2019, 07:59 PM.

Comment

I was searching for something else and found Kintago ic's This one does look similar to a KTG206C. or KTG207
            Attached Files
            Last edited by R_J; 07-15-2019, 11:31 AM.

Comment

I was searching for something else and found Kintago ic's This one does look similar to a KTG206C. or KTG207
              Thankyou very much R.J.
              I'm very sorry, due to my family problem, i was not open this site for very long time.
              Well, that's an enlightment, honestly, i almost give up about that driver ic..

Thank you very much..
              I'll try to buy that ic and give you the report..

Comment

Working...
              X