Replacing Samsung panel with LG in Dell 9010 - backlight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing Samsung panel with LG in Dell 9010 - backlight

I obtained rather cheap LG panel LM230WF3 with 6pin 10019HR-H06B connector for backlight which I need to replace instead of broken Samsung LTM230HT10 with 4pin Molex 104086-0410, see attachments. LG lists slighty higher voltage for backlight (45.5 vs. 35.2 V typical, that mean slightly more diodes per channel).

The LG came with some short cable for HP (P/N 809571-001), which has:
    - on on end, a 14pin connector, of which 5 wires are soldered together and insulated, and 4 wires lead to other end
    - the other end has the 6pin connector matching 10019HR-H06B, of which only pins 1, 3, 4 and 6 are connected - both "LED Power Supply" and Channel1 and Channel4 "Current Feedback". So only two from four channels are used.

Can I just rewire it, using only three "channels", or do I need to replace the backlight strip?

ADD// some more info: I've checked the board (Dell CN-0627CU-74431-36J-00AW-A00) which has two vacant connecor positions, one with four channels (8pin), and one with two (6pin), they are connected between themselves (so common output from the driver IC), so I guess I can just cut the HP cable, solder 4 wires on CON8005 and it will likely work??
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Behemot; 06-04-2019, 07:14 AM.
    Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
    Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Re: Replacing Samsung panel with LG in Dell 9010 - backlight

Unfortunatelly the backlight does not seem to work, but what's worse, the LVDS is not compatible either, it works on something like 1/4 the resolution…well, totally different model in every aspect. The LVDS is elsewhere (that is not such a problem, the cable could be re-routed), but also mounting holes are elsewhere

I see it only now - LG is S-IPS while the Samsung is ordinary TN.
    Last edited by Behemot; 06-04-2019, 08:16 AM.
    Less jewellery, more gold into electrotech industry! Half of the computer problems is caused by bad contacts

Exclusive caps, meters and more!
    Hardware Insights - power supply reviews and more!

Comment

Working...
    X