HP DAY11AMB6E0, SHORT +3vpcu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP DAY11AMB6E0, SHORT +3vpcu

By mistake I caused a short in the line +3vpcu, now I can't find what is causing it. This card entered due to liquid spillage, had repaired the failures, had a short in PU11 and the bios was corrupted. I had already reprogrammed it and replaced IC PU11.
    Any idea that is causing this short.

Attached Files

Re: HP DAY11AMB6E0, SHORT +3vpcu

What's the resistance to ground on +3VPCU?
    The most likely to be the cause of the short is PU11 itself. But it could be EC or anything else on that line. You can inject 3V and find the component that heats up.
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Thanks Piernov, I made your suggestion to put the 3v and well I threw an error in the ITE. I will look for the replacement and update, to serve as a bitacora ..

Comment

I have a doubt. The EC must do an independent programming to the bios. The EC registration is IT8987E. Thank you.

Comment

If you buy a new blank EC, it will be programmed automatically from the BIOS when applying power. If it's not blank, you have to program it manually.
          OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Thanks piernov.

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post
              What's the resistance to ground on +3VPCU?
              The most likely to be the cause of the short is PU11 itself. But it could be EC or anything else on that line. You can inject 3V and find the component that heats up.
              thanks bro for your suggestion, i had same model shorting on +3vpcu and the issue was EC... after replacing all done

Comment

Working...
              X