Putting LCD panel from Vizio TV into another brand TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Putting LCD panel from Vizio TV into another brand TV

I have a Vizio P502UI-B1 50" tv and baked the main board a little too much (to reflow BGA) resulting in a dead tv. I would like to use the Vizio LCD panel in another tv. Someone in the P502UI-B1 thread said he/she was able to take that Vizio LCD panel and put it into an LG 50UH5530 and it worked. Looking at the Tcon boards from the 2 tv's show different model boards (LG = EAMDJ2S55 while the Vizio tcon = V500DK2-CKS2). I have since looked up tv's that uses the V500DK2-CKS2 Tcon board (Hisense 50H7GB, Vizio P502-B1E & M50-C1, Westinghouse WD50UT4490, and a few others). Does this mean any tv that uses these Tcon boards is compatible with my LCD panel?

I took pictures of a couple of stickers on the back of the TV. Are any of these model numbers for the LCD panel?
    Attached Files

Re: Putting LCD panel from Vizio TV into another brand TV

If the T-CON Bd connector match, you could give it a try. That is the 12V on the same pins and same amount and placement of gold fingers on the Flat Flexible cable from the Main Bd.

Comment

Yes, its possible. I do it all the time where applicable. Have to do a lot of research prior to buying it tho. In addition to the tcon, some tv models like those mentioned above use the exact same screen. I been refurbishing tvs for a long time and keep a list of what tcon and screen came out of what tv. So, I may buy popular tv with a cracked screen but has "expensive boards " and just sit on it til a good screen comes along. Also when switching tcons, you have to make sure the tcon will physically in the tv, even tho they work on the same screen.
      Last edited by handsworth; 07-29-2021, 03:09 PM. Reason: more info

Comment

I do the same as hadsworth above. Sometimes the tcons don't even need to be the same version at all, as long as they are made by the same company. Swap the Tconn with the panel of course. Strangely enough, swapping panels into LG tvs seems to be the hardest... LG mains seem to be very picky about which version of Tcons they'll work with.

Comment

Working...
        X