55LV5500 has slight vertical lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

55LV5500 has slight vertical lines

They say a picture is worth 1,000 words. That is the best way to describe what my issue is. These lines appear to the right of higher contrast areas of the picture.

Everything else on this set is 100% operational. I have changed the TCon with no effect. The ribbon cables from the Main Board and the TCon have been cleaned, again with no change to the picture quality. While the picture I have attached is a built in Menu system, the same issue occurs on OTA and HDMI inputs.

Any ideas???

Thanks in advance - Peter
    Attached Files
    Last edited by BadCapsTx; 08-21-2021, 01:09 PM. Reason: Uploaded Images Failed

Re: 55LV5500 has slight vertical lines

I'd guess BGA soldering issues... Do you have freeze spray?
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Nope, all out but a good excuse to restock and try it!

I'm assuming you are suggesting the main BGA under the big heat sink on the Main Board?

Comment

Yes, and that would be the main CPU. This certainly looks like it could be at fault.
        Originally posted by PeteS in CA
        Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
        A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Did you solve the problem?

Comment

Working...
          X